Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Our day

Let's back up a little bit. Campbell went to the dr last Thursday. He had a raging throat infection. We started him on a zpac. He finished it on Saturday...and he seemed better by then. Not perfect but better. Well he woke Monday morning with a cough...at noon he had fever of 101 so I gave him some Motrin. He hasnt really eaten good at all in the two weeks that he's been sick so that didn't really change. Tuesday morning, no fever. Cough was worse. By noon, he had 101.4 again. I called the drs office and made an appt for this morning. When making the appt, i honestly thought that the dr was going to think I was crazy for bringing him back in...but he was worse. This morning he woke and was okay for the first few minutes and then things went downhill quickly. I had to hold him the whole morning.









He was constantly falling asleep. Please understand that this is completely abnormal for my children.
I had to get Larkin up and nurse her so I held Campbell while nursing Larkin.



At one point Campbell woke and whimpered and acted like he wanted to get down. He slid down off the chair. He stood for less than a second and made his way down to the floor...laid down and went to sleep. Seriously...he went to sleep on the floor. And, he had slept great that night so he shouldn't have been tired...





At this point, I was no longer worried that the dr would think I was crazy. This boy was sick and he needed to go to the dr. Liz came over and kept Larkin. I took trigger to school and then took Campbell to the dr. Of course I answered several questions and he said that his ears and throat looked good. He thought it was a virus and was worried it was flu. They tested him. And yep, he has the flu!!! Seriously, I am not even joking! In two weeks he has had an eye infection, ear infection, horrible throat infection, and now the flu. And those were all four separate visits!!!! So, the dr told us to send Campbell or Larkin away...it didn't matter which but they couldn't be together bc Larkin can not get the flu when she's this young.
Campbell had to go to zizzy and poppys. I think that (putting him in zizzys car) was one of the hardest things i have had to do as a mother...it was a little like the feeling i felt when we had to leave trigger in the nicu after we had him. Liz assured me that she would give him lots of love and hold him and rock him as much as he would allow it. But, it's still killing me!!!! Me, matt, trigger, zizzy and poppy are all on tamiflu. We are hoping this is an okay thing for me when breastfeeding. There isn't alot of research on it. Dr Slusher said that at this point the benefits outweigh the risks bc I don't need to get the flu...if I get it, she will most likely get it.
The plan is that Campbell will stay at my parents until he's fever free for 24 hours. He hasn't had fever at all today so I hope he can come home tomorrow night. What worries me is that this quarantine is probably pointless bc Campbell had fever Monday and Tuesday and was around all of us...including Larkin. We just need to pray. Larkin isn't even 3 months yet and it would NOT be good for her to have the flu!!!


ted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: