Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Papaw!

My father in law turned 66 on February 28th.  We celebrated a couple of weekends later after Larkin had been cleared to get out.  We had a wonderful supper…dessert was a strawberry cake…which matt made very clear that I need to make it often for him.  However, I am here to tell you that there are some things that I just don’t do…I love to eat that strawberry cake but I hate, hate, hate to make it.  I made it ONE time and that is enough for me…do you see how imperfect it is…well, that is just how it is when you make it… the icing runs everywhere.  it’s really enough to do this OCD girl in!!!  Matt laid it on thick in front of his WHOLE family that IF I loved him, I would make it for him because it is his “absolute favorite”. 

Jennifer and I laughed because it took all three (matt, corbin, and clay) to get the candles lit.  IMG_2059Then, we ALL laughed because Mr. Jerry blew out the candles right afterwards…as soon as we started singing…instead of waiting until we were finished.  I guess he didn’t really care when you are supposed to blow them out…he was ready so he blew!  Haha!IMG_2061IMG_2063My niece, Chelsea, is soooo good with our children.  I tell Jennifer all the time that I need her to come stay with me so I can have an extra pair of hands (RESPONSIBLE HANDS)!!!!  Trigger and Campbell just LOVE her.  Campbell will let her hold him all day long.  And I know that Larkin will love her just as much as the boys do.  IMG_2067IMG_2068Im constantly impressed with how good Campbell is with a fork and spoon.  He is less messy than Trigger is at eating.  He always insists that he have a fork or a spoon to eat…even if it’s something that we usually don’t use a utensil to eat.  IMG_2072The Woodard Clan…this is it.  There won’t be anymore.  Jennifer and I are out of the baby making business! ;)IMG_2076Larkin enjoyed herself too…she got passed around and was happy being held.IMG_2085And Trigger is in LOVE with this precious little girl.  He loves playing with Anna Grace.  She is so sweet to him and puts up with Trigger being Trigger! Ha!!!!IMG_2086

Mr. Jerry is one of the sweetest men I have ever known.  He has such a kind heart and is ALWAYS helping someone out!!! We are thankful that the boys get to spend so much time with him!

No comments: