Monday, March 26, 2012

2 on 3

I have been told that going from 2 to 3 is like going from man on man defense to zone defense. I'm not really sure about the sports analogy (since i dont know much about sports other than that i played basketball and softball for a few short years bc my best friends were...it was short lived! The sports playing, not the friendships) but I do know that three is difficult! Mainly because I don't have any older children.
And my oldest, trigger (3.5), is probably the most difficult an consumes more of my time than the other two. Anyway, tonight as I sit here feeding Larkin, I realized just how much things have changed....and just how difficult things are now. I mean. Not that I haven't thought about it before but this is just the perfect example. All three children needed to go down at the same time. Usually Larkin is timed a little different so that I can help by reading one child books. Trigger wouldn't just stay in one part of the house so I gave him a bucket, told him to get 5 books and a blanket and to head to Larkins room. He sat next to (ended up inside) larkins closet and read books quietly....well, mostly quiet. At one point he was close to volume ten while singing twinkle, twinkle...I've yet to figure out why he was singing that anyway bc it wasn't in any of his books. ;)


now if I can just figure out ways to solve all the other things like getting groceries with three children in the buggy...and no, trigger can not walk bc he takes off, takes bites out of fruit, talks to random strangers, etc.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: