Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Aunt Deanna and Larkin’s first night

My sister came into town…she had about two weeks off because she was in between jobs.  We got to see her several times and she was a big help with the kids….of course she loved snuggling with Larkin!  This particular night she came over and helped with our nighttime routine which is ALWAYS chaotic.  BUT, it was especially chaotic this night (MARCH 18, 2012) because Matt was frantically trying to get monitors moved…Larkin spent her first night in her crib…IN HER ROOM…across the house on this night. 

IMG_2265IMG_2267Somehow all of their pictures together end up looking like Trigger is happy as a lark and Campbell is being wrangled down.  IMG_2269

The move to the crib went good.  She didn’t sleep any better but it wasn’t worse so that’s good.  It’s a far hike across the house when she cries so that’s a pain but I like being able to watch tv or sew or take a bath after she goes down….hahahaha…I just laughed out loud because I don’t think I have done any of those things since she has been in her room because of all the sleep issues with the boys.  BUT, it’s nice to know that IF I wanted to watch tv or sing in the shower at night, I could!

Our nighttime routine is quite interesting because with the move to her new room, I also started putting her down around the same time that we put the boys down. I feed her around 7/8ish and I don’t wake her up for another feeding…she usually makes it until 11:00-1:00 depending on when I put her down.  I still usually have to wake up for two feedings a night.

No comments: