Monday, February 18, 2013

Sunday, Monday, and Random thoughts

all of my people are sickly.  not horribly sick but snotty and just feeling a little yuck…which means they are grumpy.  which makes me grumpy.  and we all know that momma can’t be grumpy or things fall to pieces.  Campbell started running fever friday afternoon and ran it all day saturday.  It was gone sunday.  thank goodness.  he had no other symptoms until sunday…then his nose started to run and he developed a cough.  T has exactly the same thing except that it is about 36 hours behind Campbell.  Larkin has only gotten the runny nose…at the moment.  I am telling you that I really think that maybe her IGA levels have gone up…OR that pulmicort is a strong, strong drug…because she just hasn’t been that sick this winter.  I am definitely knocking on wood right this second!!!  ANyway, both of the boys are coughing…and I just checked T’s temp a minute ago and after being clear of fever, he has low grade again.  we will be headed to gc tomorrow.  :(IMG_1528Sunday- of course we…and by we, I mean “ME and the kids”…missed church for sickness.  We did all load up after naps and grabbed some orange leaf.  I HAD to get out of the house.  I was starting to feel like I was slipping into March 2012 (and we do NOT want to revisit that month…or April 2012…not pleasant times).  After we got back, I let the kids play for about five minutes in the front yard.  Probably not the greatest idea with fever and coughs but they were fever free at that time and we ALL needed fresh air.  I, of course, snapped a these pictures of the kids because I was have photo withdrawals.  IMG_1548Today- hmmmmm, today!  what do I say about today.  I really thought we were on the mend until this little glitch of t’s fever coming back.  We haven’t done much of anything.  Played, ate, played, etc.  My nerves are short these days.  I think it has something to do with the fact that I am not getting a break from these little people.  I do love them…I do love them…I do love them…really, I do!  I just had an AWESOME friend bring over supper for us.  LOVE Amy!  Soooo thoughtful of her!  IMG_1564I am almost embarrassed to admit this…almost, but not quite…I cleaned our oven for the first time…the first time I have EVER cleaned an oven.  I mean, I have spot cleaned when there were big things spilled but never really cleaned.  and really, what I did in there today was about a c- job.  I just kept smelling a nasty burnt smell when I turned on the oven so I thought I would give it a half hearted effort.  Ha!IMG_1568I love that my child is left handed.  random, I know…but I warned you with the title!IMG_1571We went to super one today (I know…I am one of those moms that took a sick child to the grocery store but in my defense, at that time, it had been 24 hours of fever free children…I didn’t know that trigger would redevelop a fever a couple of hours later…sorry!).  Trigger was OUT OF CONTROL…and really, so was Campbell.  However, Campbell was confined in a buggy…trigger was not.  I had a random older (my parents age) lady…I actually knew her but she didn’t know who I was…She came up to me and said, “ your son has hit your daughter twice…I hate to be a tattle tail but he did it.” sigh…I really didn’t know what to say…”your right, lady…my child is out of control…would you like to take him to the bathroom to spank him for me because honestly, I can’t take all three in there.”  because I was taught to have a mental filter, I just said “thank you” with a little smile.  I mean really….I just needed fruit…which I didn’t even come out of there with because it wouldn’t scan and they were going to have to wait to have someone go check the price and as I have already stated, we were in no shape to sit at the register for a few more minutes…Larkin was trying to catapult her body out of the buggy, campbell was trampling all over my groceries, and Trigger, well, he was acting like I had given him steroids….and if you have ever seen Trigger on steroids, it isn’t a pretty picture.IMG_1579 copyIMG_1582After we left super one, there were two things said in the car that stuck out in my mind…

1. Trigger started this whole line of talking…about how if they (daddy and kids) were to go to the “combo” (beach condo) and leave me at home, that would be so sad…and if they were to go somewhere else and I were at home, that would be sad…he didn’t want me to be lonely, so he would make sure he was with me ALL THE TIME….”momma, I don’t ever want you to be alone”.  it’s sweet, isn’t it?!?  but, the problem is that he truly means NEVER…not to go to the bathroom…not to take a bath…NEVER!  That is a little sad…but not in the same way he thinks.  Again, I love them but it is nice to be able to go into the bathroom alone every once in awhile. 

2. As we were headed back home, after we went to destroy matt’s office go visit matt for a few minutes and give him a hug, I hear Campbell (talking over trigger who was rambling on about something), “Larkin wants my bug, don’t you, Larkin…you want my bug?  Larkin wants my bug”…and by “bug” he means “boogger”.  Yep…he’s trying to share a booger with his baby sister.  IMG_1588IMG_1627We have our beach trip with the Hogans planned…and I think I need to start a countdown…in addition to the april 15th countdown.  I can’t wait…CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!  We had the BEST time last year and I feel certain that it will be even better…and wilder this year especially since we have two more walkers this year!IMG_1632IMG_1637Larkin is teething.  She already had 8 teeth.  She has two of her four molars half way in…and two more are right under the gum with the gum all bruised.  Have I mentioned before that I don’t necessarily like teething.  Thankfully though she has done well with these molars.  tad fussy but way better than Campbell did with his one year molars.  We won’t revisit that!IMG_1639IMG_1642IMG_1646IMG_1656

having to cut my randomness off…two of my little ones are up from naps CRYING…and we know what that means…that they are NOT well rested.  Crying after nap means that the afternoon might night be peachy.  Maybe we will get an antibiotic tomorrow and the boys can start feeling better quickly!

No comments: