Saturday, February 16, 2013

My little Valentines

Okay…so Valentines.  I am not really a huge fan of the day. In fact, I hated valentines parties when I was teaching.  It was absolutely the most chaotic party of the year.  I don’t really understand why.  It’s not really much different with my children.  They were wild most of the day…which if we are being honest, is really like every other day but this day I had to get every one out the door PLUS, the valentines..plus the party stuff for each class…plus the little teacher gifts…plus jackets…plus backpacks…lunchboxes…it was just a little much.  NOT to mention that I had to let them open their little present from us.  T was quite disappointed (as you can see in the picture below…so ungrateful) that he just got a dvd.  And, I must say that he should be happy that he got anything.  I had bought them all these dvd’s the week after christmas thinking that they would be great vday presents…glad I did because I forgot to get them anything else!  oops!  IMG_1484IMG_1485Oh…and they did get candy land because our other one has disappeared during the rennovation last year…who knows what happened to it.  IMG_1486And, of course before we could leave, we had to take pictures.  I made their shirts…not exactly the best because the rectangle turned out too big but oh well…IMG_1495Larkin hopped in for one…and she was…wait for it….THRILLED to take a picture with her brothers…NOT!IMG_1515It was so chaotic the entire day that Larkin didn’t get to open her present/dvd that she doesn’t need until that night.  IMG_1522IMG_1524

Larkin and did eat lunch with Matthew….at chilis.  It was good.  We were supposed to go out to eat tonight (saturday) to celebrate BUT our babysitter fell through soooo…

Matt did listen to my hints here and there…they weren’t really subtle so I am glad he took notes.  He got me a purse that I wanted, a book (big mama’s book) (it is awesome…great read…already finished the first half!), and a gift certificate to chartreuse pear to get another charm for my waxing poetic necklace.  HE DID GREAT!  Plus, Larkin and I both got flowers from matt and we BOTH got flowers from my dad.  I have gotten flowers from my dad for valentines day as far back as I can remember.  So sweet and thoughtful.  I hope you had a great valentines day. 

                                                                              *****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Now, on to something way more important.  I am not a fan of two things:

1. tax season…and it is here people.  I am sick of it.  My husband working these awful hours that no one in their right mind should ever work, is about to do ME in…yes, I realize that I just typed that.  I am sure it is about to do him in too…but I am tired of it.  I need a break by saturday.  I have someone with me NONSTOP all of the waking hours…I need help!   and Saturdays are usually my day to play the good cop and throw all the problems/crying matt’s way.  Well, not this time of year.  it’s just one more day that I am dealing with the constant crying, screaming, and fighting.  AND, because Larkin isn’t going to church, I get to stay home with all the children who are unable to attend…which happens to be larkin AND campbell this sunday because Campbell has a fever…not really any other symptoms…but fever all day…around 101.  So, I have 8 more Saturdays…and 8.5 more weeks of no normal conversation with my husband.  yippee…maybe I should start a countdown on my phone…or make a tear off paper chain countdown. 

2. Children not listening..or worse, straight up disobedience.   I must hop on top of this and start reading to figure out some solutions because as of right now, I am PUT OUT WITH my children…one in particular…who is out of his bed at this moment after being warned a million and two times to stay in there.  AT MY WITS END…argh…I blame it on tax season….and a little on how his father behaved when he was a child…it certainly wasn’t me because I was a model child.  Just ask my dad.  He’ll tell you.  MODEL child!!!!! 

ok…headed with mr spanky to take care of the one out of bed.  *sigh*

No comments: