Friday, September 13, 2013

Trigger’s First Day at Cedar Creek

We have anticipated this day…really, I have thought about this day from the moment he was born….the day that I would send my baby off to school.  I spent time making sure that everything would be perfect.  We bought lots of uniforms…I didn’t mean to buy that many…just kept forgetting that I had stashed some in this place or another and would buy more.  SO, he should be good in the uniform dept for awhile.  IMG_3986We got his uniform all laid out for the next morning.  IMG_3989Then, we had to take some first day pictures.  IMG_3994IMG_5477IMG_5479IMG_5481IMG_5482Matt and I both took  him to school.  AND, we HAD to take the traditional first day picture by the cc sign.  IMG_3998We walked him in the building.  I prompted him to start unloading his backpack but wasn’t going to go into the classroom.  I always tried to keep parents from coming through the door to try to keep tears at bay…PLUS, they are trying to get all the children to unpack their backpack and that is utterly chaotic.  So, I hugged Trigger and he bee-bopped into the room without a second thought and we turned to leave.  Then, I saw my lifelong friend, Elizabeth, and her little boy, Sam, heading towards their classroom.  I had no choice.  I had to go back and take a picture of Trigger and Sam….they are BEST FRIENDS!  AND, then, I did truly leave!IMG_3997Matt went to work and Larkin and I went to the CC Pre-K coffee.  It was nice to see all of the other mommas.  IMG_4007

That afternoon, we got to school really early to get in carline…which by the way, is absolutely absurd.  I picked up my big boy and came home to play outside and do some frog catching.  IMG_4013

I have to say that I didn’t cry the whole day.  First of all, I am not a crier.  Second, I was sooooo excited for Trigger.  He is READY for school.  I am so glad we decided way  back that we would hold him back.  When I dropped him off, I didn’t have to worry about whether he would be able to walk down the hall and teetee and get his shirt tucked in, belt fastened, and then find his way  back to the correct room.  I didn’t worry about whether he would be able to open everything in his lunch box.  I didn’t worry about anything because I knew he was truly mature enough…independent enough…confident enough…READY for Pre-K.  That might sound silly but I have taught cc Prek and it is very structured and there is a lot expected of the children.  If we had sent Trigger last year, he wouldve been frustrated and probably wouldve been in tears.  So, did I cry?  NO, I didn’t.  Now, Campbell will be held back too…the thought of him going next year and doing what Trigger is doing right now….that’s just not gonna happen so we will wait another year!

No comments: