Thursday, August 26, 2010

Kool Kids

I am finally posting about Kool Kids.  I decided to volunteer this year since I am finally NOT pregnant and NOT working.  It still took alot of coordination with Liz and Matt to get the kids taken care of but it was sooo worth it!  Trigger needed some clothes to wear to MDO this fall/winter.  He had some put up…clothes that were given to us from a sweet family.  But, we needed to fill in the gaps and what is the harm in getting a few articles of clothing every now and then!  Anyway, I was shocked to see how many volunteers got to the doors to line up so early.  I think I arrived around 12:50 and the doors didn’t open until 2.  There was already a line of 30+ people waiting.  Now I like a good deal..don’t get me wrong…but I’m not sure I could’ve sat there longer than the hour and fifteen min that I did that day.  I would need a book, tv, etc. to keep me occupied or I would go NUTS!!!!! Anyway, I wanted to share some of the great deals that I got!

First, let me just say that I go for the good stuff…brands like Gap, Gymboree, Children’s Place, Polo, and smocked/appliqued outfits. 

This was a Ralph Lauren button up with an undershirt that coordinated for 5 dollars.  Looks like it has never been worn!

August- Playset, reading, etc 176

This was probably the most I paid for a single item…$22 dollars I think?!?…and it had the tags on it.  I’m actually friends with the consigner that turned this in…Thanks, Emery!  It will look great on Campbell!August- Playset, reading, etc 177

One of my favorites!  This is a short sleeve/pants smocked outfit for 13 dollars!  It has farm stuff smocked on it!   August- Playset, reading, etc 178

This sweater looked brand new…it is polo also! August- Playset, reading, etc 179

This Christmas outfit was only 10 dollars.  AWESOME…both boys can get some use out of that.  

August- Playset, reading, etc 180August- Playset, reading, etc 181

Another smocked outfit…Isn’t it adorable…especially for 20 dollars. 

I got a whole laundry basket full of goodies. I think I figured up that all the stuff that I got totaled close to 900 dollars if you were to go to the store to buy them.  Now, I realize that some of them had some wear but still a GREAT deal…especially since I only paid about a 1/4 of that.  YAY for Kool Kids!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amy Hogan said...

OK...I will definitely be volunteering next time! Those were some awesome buys!

jessie said...

i LOVE kool kids! i have a few friends that don't like it b/c they feel like it's a garage sale. hello!! who doesn't like a GOOD garage sale! especially when you can get boutique clothes for CHEAP! just wash them and you're good to go!