Thursday, August 19, 2010

Houston Trip- The First Pitch- Part Two

Saturday, we started out by eating breakfast together downstairs at the hotel.  The chef, Oscar, is at the buffet to make omlets and AWESOME waffles.  Here is a picture of me, Trigger, and Sydney. 

Houston Astros 115After breakfast, our family (me, matt, trigger, and campbell) headed to the Aquarium while the rest of the crew went to the Galleria.  However, before we left for the aquarium, my dad was told that our car had a flat.  One of the vallet guys took it to be fixed.  We had a 3 inch nail in our tire…I seriously have never seen such a big nail and now that I’m thinking about it, I’m wondering what someone could possibly do with a nail that huge!?! 

Trigger was a little on the cranky side…truth be told, he really was pretty cranky the whole trip.  Anyway, we finally got to go to the aquarium.  Trigger liked it.  I had Campbell in the Moby wrap again which was great but HOT.  I was really wishing we had our stroller.

Houston Astros 117 Houston Astros 120 Houston Astros 125 Houston Astros 126 Trigger got to touch the stingrays and some kind of crab.

Houston Astros 130 Houston Astros 132 And like all good aquariums, they had a white tiger……hmmmmm!?!

Houston Astros 137 And one last picture of me and the boys at the aquarium….waiting on valet guy to get our car.  Did I mentioned that it was like standing on the sun HOT outside?!?

Houston Astros 143 When we got back to the hotel (which was only a few blocks away), we had a little bite to eat at the cafe.  It was good food but HORRIBLE dealing with Trigger.  And when I say HORRIBLE, I mean H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.  He was tired and he was cranky and he was NOT cooperating! It was quite embarrassing.  I ended up taking him upstairs and he went down for a nap.  While Trigger was down, I went downstairs to meet the other girls (Liz, Deanna, Vanna, Karen, and Chelse) for a little cooking lesson.  My dad arranged for the chef (Oscar) of the hotel to teach us how to cook some of his specialties.  It really was sooooo fun!!!! 

Houston Astros 024 We even got to wear aprons.

Houston Astros 023

And afterwards, they set up a buffet and the guys came down and we got to eat all the food.

And here we are with Chef Oscar.

Oh and I LOVED the bananas foster…YUM..YUM!!!

Afterwards, we hurried up to change clothes and head across the street to the game.

Once again Trigger was tired.  He entertained himself with annoying the daylights out of Uncle Seth.  Sorry, Seth!

And, Campbell slept!

Me and Deanna

My sweet parents

My WILD man

And, my sweet little family!

Trigger had had enough.  He did make it for about 7 innings!!Since Matt had gone to eat at Vic and Anthonys on Friday night, I went this night.  They put us upstairs in a private room.  We had an awesome time!!  The funny part is that i ordered mac and cheese at this VERY nice steakhouse.  But, it was the BEST mac and cheese!!!

Sunday morning we got up early, got ready, ate breakfast downstairs again, took a family pic (below), and left.

Shortly after we left, we were on the road and my dad’s car was in front, then Seth, and us in the back.  My dad swirved and missed an 18 wheeler tire, seth hit it with his tire and it went under our car.  Almost immediately I started hearing a funny noise.  Well, after matt hung out the window while going 75 down the interstate, he decided we needed to stop.  Apparently the tire ripped off part of my bumper…YAY…and then part of the bumper was bent and hitting my tire which was creating the noise we were hearing.  Matt had to use a bungie cord (that we had wrapped around the pvc pipes…thank goodness we brought those pipes) to hold the rest of the bump from rubbing the tire.  This reminds me that I need to call and take my car in to be fixed!!

The trip was unforgettable! bc it was a special time for my dad AND bc traveling with TWO very young children is interesting!!!! Can’t wait until next year.

No comments: