Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Unexpected Adventures!

I started out the day thinking I was going to relax. hahahahahaha!!! FUNNY STUFF! Matt's mom came to get Trigger first thing this morning. Then, I took a shower and got ready for the day. I had made Trouble (yes, she is STILL alive...she's a 14 year old yorkie for those of you that don't know...she wasn't suppose to live past 5 so you can imagine our EXCITEMENT every morning when she starts whinning at 6 AM that she is STILL alive!) a grooming appt. I had intentions of running to walmart afterwards to take a couple of things back and get a few necessities and then come home to do NOTHING! Well, on my way to the groomers, I noticed I had a change oil message. I looked and I only had 5% oil life left and I was 5,000 miles overdue for an oil change...Ooops! So that started my journey of unexpected errands. I called Matt and told him that I was headed to get my oil changed. He told me to get my tires rotated while I was there. GREAT..I can handle that. I told the guy and he said NO PROBLEM! I head indoors and talked on the phone while waiting. The mechanic (I think that's what he's called) came in and said he wanted to show me something...WHY oh WHY do they do that to women! So I walked out there and I told him that I probably would have NO clue what he was going to show me. He said well we are NOT rotating your tires. Your front ones need to be replaced...metal is about to come through...so I called Matt (poor matthew) and he told me to head to Walpoles. And let me just say that I LOVE small towns where you know all the families that own the businesses...sure makes business nice! Sooo...my car is at Walpoles right now getting TWO new tires and getting the care aligned AND brakes checked. In the meantime, I am on the phone trying to figure out what the deal is with Rockabye Baby in Monroe. We ordered our crib from them around 10 weeks ago....and after THREE scheduled delivery dates and PROMISES, we still do NOT have the crib. Soooo, I talked one of the guys there and he said they had a delivery man on the way with the ottoman (that came the wrong color the first time) and an envelope from the owner. OKAY...I'm not at my house and I don't have plans of going home right now AND WHY DIDN"T SOMEONE CALL TO ASK IF A DELIVERY might be convenient at this time....I'm just tired of people (and technology) not doing what they are suppose to do. I threw technology in there because of DISH...which I will NOT get into because it is a close tie as to which one (DISH or ROCKABYE) is going to make my BP go through the roof first! So, anyway, when I did get home, the envelope (and ottoman) was sitting on my front porch per my orders. The envelope said they were going to credit our credit card because they didn't know when they would get the crib...GREAT...FINE...I will find the dang crib somewhere else! However, NOW THE PROBLEM IS that we did NOT use a credit card to purchase the crib. We wrote a check...so please tell me how that is going to work out...hmmmm! Oh and I thought we were DONE with these people.
THE GOOD NEWS IS...I just called Ladies in Waiting in Shreveport and they have ONE of the cribs in stock. SOOOOO...guess where I will be headed in the morning...you got it! SHREVEPORT, LA, HERE I COME!!!!! AND, guess who will be putting a crib together tomorrow night? YEP...that would be one MATT WOODARD!
YAY!!!
So I'm sorry that I vented a little...it just seemed that everything I tried to do today, ended up making me do something else :)
Now, I will share a few pictures of my sweet boy...that will make me (and hopefully you) SMILE!

No comments: