Monday, March 1, 2010

My BP is going up, up, and hopefully....

will STOP with wonderful medication!!!!!
I went to see Dr. Harper this afternoon. My blood pressure is slowly going up...YUCK! and I'm only 24.5 weeks...those of you that are pregnant or have had problem pregnancies will understand why I included the .5....every day and i mean EVERY DAY counts!!! A little background...I have had hypertension (high bp) since i was 11/12 years old but put on medication at 16. Sooo...I watch my bp very carefully! However, having chronic hypertension puts me at greater risk for preeclampsia and my two blood clotting disorders ALSO put me at greater risk for preeclampsia soooo we have to REALLY, REALLY watch it...and that would be one reason I am high risk...i just counted today..I have been to the dr. 15 times this pregnancy and have had 8 ultrasounds IN 24.5 WEEKS! WOW!!! Dr. Harper upped my bp medication two weeks ago and is upping it again. I sure pray that this will help because it is WAY too early to have blood pressure problems. I think Dr. Harper is most concerned because this is the point in pregnancy (2nd trimester) when your bp is suppose to be the best...when you reach the 3rd trimester, that is typically when people start seeing a rise in their bp...well, I haven't even reached that third trimester yet! He said two weeks from now we might start to see it increase even more since I will be in the third trimester by that point. Sooo PLEASE pray that this medicine increase will do the trick.
I asked him about bedrest and he said "not yet" so I see that coming. But I did remind him that I really needed to NOT be put on bedrest before April 15th (I would be 30 weeks then)...even though I'm not sure Matt will slow down at that point...but it has been a goal for me. Dr. Harper just laughed at me...hmmm???? I was joking with him about how it was nice to not be miserable during that last month with Trigger since I never made it to a miserable point. He laughed and said "you probably won't see it this time either"...that kindof makes me nervous. Please pray that he is wrong! Okay...I'm off to rest...AKA...start cutting horse hair for Wild West week...oh the joys of being a Pre-K teacher. HAHA!
I'll leave you with a picture of my huge belly!

No comments: