Friday, March 1, 2013

Up like an airplane...

Yesterday, I was sort of excited (after i finally was able to find childcare...after a babysitter fell through and my mil got sick) because trigger went on his first field trip. It wasnt a huge, exciting destination but it was just fun to be able to do something special with Trigger...and, lets be honest, I needed a break from the sick babies!
Trigger was sort of excited too.


Are you ready for our field trip itinerary?
First stop, Social bites for cupcakes...and, to tell the truth, I thought that was the best part! :) and I'm pretty sure the kids felt the same way.






After cupcakes, we walked over to dr. Wards office. He's a dentist here in Ruston. Does anyone else find it humorous that we left from eating cupcakes to talk about the importance of taking care of our teeth?!?
They watched a video...


Listened to dr ward...he was so great with the kids.


And they got to ride in the chair.


Then we took a quick group photo.



It was really fun. The children were so well behaved...even with that many boys!
While we were there, dr ward taught them this little rhyme to remember while brushing their teeth.
Up like an airplane
Down like the rain
Back and forth like a choo choo train.
Bless triggers little heart. I think he said it over and over a million times yesterday. And he brushed his teeth no less than 5 times. I think he was listening to dr ward.
***************************
We picked up lunch and went home to the Woodard pediatric facility and visited with our two favorite long term residents: Campbell and Larkin. They are slowly, and by slowly, I mean at a snails pace, getting better. Larkin still sounds pretty bad and her antibiotic will be out tomorrow so I'm curious to see what will happen.
The babies took naps. I laid in bed with trigger and snoozed on and off for 30 minutes...while my house was/is absolutely filthy!
Then I headed to kool kids to shop. This is a great place to go get kids clothes. I feel like I didnt really have a good attitude going in. I usually volunteer and couldn't so I didnt get in as early. Strike one! Larkin and Campbell do not need another stitch of clothing for summer...and really trigger either Bc he still fits in alot from last year and will wear a uniform in August. (Tear). Strike two! I never buy play/everyday/cheaper clothes from there. Mainly because I feel like I can buy those and it's a better deal for me to get the high end stuff for cheaper than buying new. Strike three.
There wasnt much left. I wanted smocked and all that I found was this.


Again, none of the kids needed anything soooo I guess that's fine. Oh and as I was goig to pay, I reached in my back pocket and my credit card was gone. Thankfully, we found it. Whew. Still haven't told the hubby about that. :) however, he will NOT be surprised. Then, as I was getting in the car, I sliced my finger on my keys. Bled and bled. It hurt bad. And still does. Such a difficult life I lead. Lol.
At some point, I got this text from Liz. "We have a visitor". I love larkins expression as she is looking at her uncle lance.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: