Sunday, January 20, 2013

WELCOME

On Thanksgiving night we had some visitors.  Our elves came to our house for the first time.  Their names are Tinker and Tinsel.  Tinker was my grandfather’s nickname that everyone knew him by so I thought it was great to name one of them after him.  IMG_8828Tinker and Tinsel left a surprise in each child’s stocking and a note explaining about the elves.  We didn’t do the book because, frankly, I don’t like it.  My children didn’t name their elves…I didn’t want a ridiculous name for our elves.  Matt and I had to think long and hard and came up with something we wanted to live with for a long, long time.  IMG_8829Daddy reading the note to our children.IMG_8838Trigger finding the elves…look at Campbells face.  HA…he looks a little concerned.  IMG_8841Looking at their surprise…matching pjs and candy canes.IMG_8846IMG_8854Larkin got into her candy cane when we weren’t looking.  IMG_8861The boys got to talk to the elves but NOT touch.  ;)IMG_8866IMG_8872

Matt and I got a little excited about the elves.  First let me say that only one of ours is the real elf on the shelf…she (yep, she is a girl) is named Tinsel.  Tinker is the green elf.  He was an elf that lived at MY house when I was a little girl.  I thought that was special.  So, we have one boy and one girl.  Anyway, Matt got carried away.  We made some improvements on our elves.  we ripped open our elves hands and feet and put wire inside to make their legs and arms bendable.  YOU CAN DO SO MUCH more with BENDABLE ARMS AND LEGS!  I had intentions of adding velcro but time got away from me.  NEXT YEAR! 

No comments: