Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Baby Dedication

Baby dedication was on December 2, 2012.  The day didn’t go as planned.  I had cooked all day Thursday, preparing a meal for our entire family (30 something people).  I made chicken and cheese manicotti with roasted bell pepper sauce.  It is not the most simple recipe…nothing is when cooking it for 30+ people.  Well, I decided that I had to get all of the stuffing prepared and put into the pasta and then freeze it while the two boys were at school on Thursday.  I was planning on pulling it out of freezer on Saturday night.  And cooking with sauce on sunday.  Great plan, huh?  Well, it would be EXCEPT that Trigger woke up around 10pm Thursday night throwing up.  WONDERFUL!  Our house was contaminated and I didn’t know who would drop next.  No one else got sick but I went ahead and made the call to cancel lunch for a couple of reasons: 1. no one wants to go in a house where someone has had the stomach bug…ewww!  2. food: Trigger wasn’t home when I cooked the food but what if it was contaminated in some way. 

All food got chunked and no lunch.  So, we literally walked into the church, walked on the stage and walked out. 

Here are my three PRECIOUS children.  I capitalized that because I just fought one for about 30 minutes (while he hit me multiple times and got many spankings) to go down for a nap.  And one is chunking papers out of a drawer and all over the floor as I type…the other child I am sure is up to something too.  IMG_9405Poppy and Zizzy with Larkin.  Grammy and Papaw (matt’s parents) came too but we were in and out so quick that I didn’t even get to see them.  My parents just happened to walk by while we were waiting in our line to be called into the church. IMG_9415After we left the stage, we sat in the back and watched the video that Mrs. Sally made of the babies’ pictures.IMG_9417We took a few pictures after we got home.IMG_9419IMG_9444IMG_9518IMG_9530

I have to say that I am still a little upset about throwing all of that food away.  and  little sad that Larkin’s baby dedication wasn’t special.  BUT, we committed to raising her in a christian home…and to teach her God’s word…and show her the love of Christ.  I pray we commit to that daily. 

No comments: