Friday, January 18, 2013

Camping

Liz had this brilliant idea that she and the boys should camp out one Friday night….by “camping out”, I mean sleeping in a tent in our den.  THAT is how we camp out!  ;)  Matt was out of town and my dad was at the camp so it was the perfect opportunity.

First things first…Getting the fire started which means gathering up the wood. IMG_8647IMG_8650IMG_8652Waiting for the fire to get good and hotIMG_8654Roasting hot dogsIMG_8663AND, the best part…at least to me….ROASTING MARSHMALLOWS for smores!  However, theirs had no chocolate.  Poor boys.  Ha!IMG_8667IMG_8668IMG_8676And, then it was time for bed.  Trigger went straight to sleep…he was exhausted.  Campbell tried so hard but just could go to sleep.  He likes to be in the dark, by himself.  So I rescued him from the tent and put him in his bed.  Liz, poor thing, slept all night in the tent with Trigger.  I tried to get her to bail and come sleep with me but she wouldn’t.  Don’t worry…she had it nice and plush in the tent…complete with a feather down topper, tempurpedic topper, and several plush blankets.  I think it was actually rather comfy in there!IMG_8690

Zizzy is such a fun grandmother.  Our children are very blessed. 

No comments: