Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My BIG boy

I found these pictures from a couple of weeks ago…I absolutely LOVE this outfit.  Campbell has a matching smocked jon jon that is adorable too.  They wore them to church.  It was the first time Campbell has worn his…it was huge but I just had to have them wear them together for one sunday.  I would’ve gotten a picture of them together but Campbell fell asleep in the car and I put him straight down for a nap.  Trigger has only worn his outfit 2 or 3 times…they really do not get enough use out of these clothes!!!  At least they can be passed down to brother (maybe even two brothers) and cousins. 

Football Program Pictures 2011-12 002I forgot to mention in Trigger’s 3 year old post that this big boy is COMPLETELY potty trained.  He has teeteed in the potty for us at least twice a day, everyday since he was 15 months.  He knows how to go to the bathroom…he just hasn’t cared if he sat in urine ALL day long…BOYS!!!!  They just don’t care!  Anyway, a few weeks before his birthday, I had several days that we were going to be home so I just up and decided to go for it.  I put underwear on him and that was it….the trick for us was that everytime he needed to teetee…you are going to think this is HORRIBLE….I opened up the front door and let him going outside and teetee. 

IMG_5764

He has always preferred to stand up to teetee and throws a fit to sit down sooooo, this was a lot easier (and very appealing to him since he loves outside) than having teetee all over my bathrooms.  Whatever it was, it worked!!  I had been told to not push it and wait until he was ready.  He had to be potty trained for “school” this fall so this was the time…SO, SO, SO glad I waited!!!!!!!!  Oh and I had heard horror stories about trying to get them to poop on the potty…NEVER a problem. In fact, he will just tell me “mama, I need to poo-poo and he goes!…its been a month and a half and he has only had ONE accident. In fact, we even traveled to the beach about a week and a half after I started the process.  He even wears underwear for his 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon.  We still wear a pull-up at night…mainly because I’m lazy and I like my sleep and haven’t given it a single bit of effort!!!  Maybe we will attempt that after the baby is here and I’m up anyway.  Football Program Pictures 2011-12 008

I’m so proud of Trigger!!!!!

No comments: