Saturday, July 17, 2010

Weeks 2 and 3- Campbell

Campbell still had many visitors coming by and now I’m quite irritated with myself that I didn’t take more pictures.  So many people came by and I did not get their picture!

Campbell’s cousins came to meet him and bring us supper.  Abby was/is in love with Campbell.  She loved holding him…I think she needs another sibling!

Abby with baby Campbell (they had just come from swimming lessons).

Campbell- weeks 1-3 013 Sydney checking out her new cousin.

Campbell- weeks 1-3 015 And, all the Hood cousins.  I must say that it is quite difficult to get them all looking much less smiling.  This picture is NOT the exception to that…I just used a little thing called PHOTOSHOP and did a little face swapping.  AWESOME feature.

Hood Cousins

Campbell had to go back for a weight check at 2 weeks.  Dr. Slusher wanted him to be at our above his birth weight and he was!  YAY!  Also, Campbell had to go to see Dr. Magee (because Dr. Slusher was out of town) when he was 2.5 weeks old because his eye had started draining and had turned green.  Dr. Magee said that his eye was infected and put Campbell on eye drops three times a day.  He said this would probably be a problem for the next several months to a year!  Oh joy!!!  While I was there, I asked him if we still needed to wake Campbell up every three hours (because he has been feeding every 3 hours around the clock) at night.  He said that his weight gain was excellent so we could stop waking him.  We tried it and he would go for about 4 hours..sometimes 5.  This was so different because with Trigger being so small, we had to wake him and feed him every 3 hours until he was 2-3 months old!

Liz and I laugh all the time because Campbell will cry and cry….

Campbell- weeks 1-3 058

And, you will go over to him and this is what you see (below)…like, “What?  It wasn’t me!”  Haha! Campbell- weeks 1-3 059 Campbell- weeks 1-3 060 Father’s Day 2010.  WOW…I can’t believe that Matt is now a father of TWO boys!  He is the perfect example for them…I hope they both follow in his footsteps and love the Lord and grow up to be the man that Matt is today!  I am constantly amazed at how wonderful he actually is.  I could go on and on but I’m pretty sure most of you are rolling your eyes right now.  But, I am thankful that God put Matt into my life and is giving us the AWESOME responsibility of raising TWO BOYS!!

(Excuse the little boy on the left’s face…I’m not sure what his issue was in the picture.  He’s almost two and we all know how that is…anger for no reason.  I have a feeling we will revisit these rage issues in about 10-15 years but probably on a bigger scale. YIKES!)

Campbell- weeks 1-3 067

We also ran over to my parents for lunch.  Here is a picture of Liz/Izzy with the grandchildren.  Don’t ask me why we took a picture of her and the children on FATHER’s day.  Who knows!

Campbell- weeks 1-3 071

Campbell’s cord and bell (from circumcision) finally fell off so I was able to give him a real bath.  He wasn’t a huge fan…but neither was Trigger at that age.

Campbell- weeks 1-3 046 Campbell- weeks 1-3 056 And what is better than TWO clean babies.  Campbell is getting some lovin from his big brother!

Campbell- weeks 1-3 036 Campbell-announcement copy Poor Liz has gone ABOVE and BEYOND what a mom/grandmother should have to do!  For Campbell’s first 4 weeks of life, Liz came to our house EVERYDAY.  She helped hold Campbell, wrangle Trigger, wash dishes, fix lunches, wash/fold/put away clothes, drive me around town, keep me company, and SOOOO much more.  WE LOVE LIZ and are soooo thankful to have her in our lives.  This picture was hilarious to me because it just shows how wonderful Liz is…she’s holding Campbell (I think I was pumping), Trigger is tackling her, and she’s on the phone with Lance (I think). 

Campbell- weeks 1-3 076 At three weeks, Campbell still does alot of sleeping!

Campbell- weeks 1-3 077 Campbell- weeks 1-3 078 Trigger loves to color…I feel like he’s been left out of these posts.  Sooo here are a few pictures of my sweet Trigger!

Campbell- weeks 1-3 079 Oh and now I remember why I took so many pictures of this coloring session.  I noticed that he was doing great with how he held his crayon.  CHASTEN, CHECK THAT FORM OUT!  I’m telling you…he’s a genius…haha!!!!

Campbell- weeks 1-3 081 And, I had a little photo session with Campbell.  I will do a separate post with those pictures and I will try to attach our announcement!

No comments: