Thursday, May 20, 2010

Catalouie

My dad has a camp…really it’s more like a LODGE!  It is on Lake Louie and is about 1.5-2 hours away.  You can fish, hunt, or just relax.  It’s very nice…I know my boys are gonna have a lifetime of memories there with their daddy, poppy, and uncles.  My dad asked Matt, Trigger, and I to go down with them (daddy and Liz) for the night a couple of weeks ago.  I knew it would probably be our last little get away before Campbell is born so we jumped on the opportunity.  I was 34 weeks at the time…I was a little nervous because it is out in the middle of NO WHERE but I figured I would be fine..I had just been giving a good report from Dr. Harper a couple of days before!  Trigger had a good time…he stayed up way past his bedtime and woke up screaming at 1 AM..and ended up sleeping with me part of the night and then Matt part of the night but it was a FUN experience.  Of course as we were leaving my parents Trigger had a meltdown because he didn’t want to leave his car at Izzy’s (it’s really sydney’s pink car) that Liz so sweetly calls the TRUCK so that we feel better that he chooses it over the RED car that is his.  In his defense, it does play more music and has a few more gadgets on it.   Anyway, so we ended up taking the “truck” with us to Catalouie.  I sooooo wish I would’ve gotten a picture of him riding that pink car around the manly camp.  I really didn’t take many pictures at all but here are a few.

Oh yeah…first we stopped at this place on the way down there to get shiners (i think) so we could go fishing after Trigger was asleep.  I thought it was funny that you got your own bait and they just trusted that you would pay the right amount.

Bathtime, Catalouie, and Bedtime fun 097

Bathtime, Catalouie, and Bedtime fun 099

Then, we stopped at a VERY small grocery store.  As we were checking out, Trigger saw this car that you could ride in.  He’s never had the opportunity to ride in anything like this…I know, I’m a horrible momma!  Anyway, his expression didn’t change the whole time…I was expecting him to LOVE it because he LOVES cars…NOPE…not so much.  He wouldn’t even “drive” and put his hands on the steering wheel!  Check out his face…but I want you to know that he probably cried off and on for the “car” for about 10-15 minutes. 

car at camp

car at camp2

car at camp3

 

Trigger playing on the back deck.

Bathtime, Catalouie, and Bedtime fun 101

Izzy thought Trigger should try on his life jacket.  He was NOT a fan. 

Bathtime, Catalouie, and Bedtime fun 104

Trying to undo the BUCK-LLL…

Bathtime, Catalouie, and Bedtime fun 107

Please help me Izzy!!!

Bathtime, Catalouie, and Bedtime fun 110 

Bathtime, Catalouie, and Bedtime fun 113

He loved the stairs…i'm very, very thankful that we do NOT have stairs at our house.  In the picture below, Trigger was throwing his ball down the stairs to Izzy.

Bathtime, Catalouie, and Bedtime fun 115

Bathtime, Catalouie, and Bedtime fun 116

And, a little Michael Jackson action…Liz wasn’t a fan of this!

Bathtime, Catalouie, and Bedtime fun 114

Before we left, Will, the guy that runs the property, came over and brought his dog.  Trigger love her!

Bathtime, Catalouie, and Bedtime fun 117

I will leave you with a few pictures of the camp. 

camp

camp- ceiling

camp- into kitchen

camp- into living room

This is one of the bedrooms…the one that we slept in

camp-bedroom

camp-view from upstairs

I hope you have a great Friday!!!!

No comments: