Sunday, January 29, 2012

December 24th- part two

After a very quick nap on Christmas eve, we head to Arcadia for round 2 of our celebrating.  We started off by giving Mr. Jerry/Papaw his present from all of us…it was a new tv.  We gave it to him early so that Matt could have time to hook it up.  Then, we had supper…it was so yummy, like always. We had steak, potatoes, salad, etc.  YUM!  Then, the kids were rushing to open presents so we got busy opening!IMG_2466Look at this precious picture of cousins. Trigger and Anna Grace!!  Oh how he LOVES his cousins!!!IMG_2470Trigger piled himself up on the couch with Uncle Jerry and Papaw!IMG_2474I guess he decided it would be more fun to be down on the ground with the kids!IMG_2478And, yes, Campbell was there.  He just isn’t really that into opening presents yet so he kept disappearing to the sunroom where all the toys are.IMG_2482This outfit that Campbell has on is the outfit that I made for Trigger when he was this age.  I absolutely love it…I’m thinking that I will add a ruffle to the pants and let Miss Larkin wear it too!

IMG_2483

Trigger got this transformer firetruck that shot balls out of it.  Grammy didn’t realize that it shot balls :) The kids (big and small) loved it.  I’m pretty sure that we only came home with one ball.IMG_2492

After opening gifts, we quickly cleaned up, packed up, and headed home.  It was Christmas eve after all…so we had to hurry and get in bed.  I’m telling you that i was NOT on my A-game this year…I mean…NOT at all!  When we got home, I quickly got Campbell changed and started rocking him.  I put him down and went to tell Trigger good night.  I realized that Matt and Trigger were in the den…what were they doing??? Putting out cookies and milk for Santa.  I had completely forgotten…UGH!!!!!  Did I get a picture?  NOPE!  I tried to remind myself that this is just one year and it really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things if I got a picture of them putting out cookies…or if we didn’t get a chance to do all the things that I like to do at Christmas.  Honestly, I was just happy to not be in the hospital…and to still be somewhat sane and have clean clothes to put on my children…our house was still in such chaos that I am truly surprised that I made it through Christmas with any sense left!

No comments: