Friday, January 14, 2011

Our Playroom

I (and Matt) have worked hard on our playroom…I was SICK and tired of it being a mess and there being NO organization…and toys/manipulatives HAVE TO BE ORGANIZED.  Matt and I spent the whole New Year’s Eve weekend getting projects finished (including this playroom).

Here is the before picture…now this is the ONLY picture I had and this is really, really messy.

Vanna's shower and trigger's first glove 103

Vanna's shower and trigger's first glove 104

The train table has been taken out for right now because of space and really because Trigger didn’t know how to use it properly right now…he will be ready for the train table when he’s a little older.

Here’s the AFTER!!!

IMG_4126

IMG_4112

IMG_4111

I still have pictures to hang on the wall…and soon that pink chair will be recovered…I have to keep it though because it was in my room when I was little!!  I got these great frames (the black ones on the wall…and I have two more smaller ones).  They are art frames and the font opens so you can easily replace artwork as often as you would like…in fact, the frames hold up to 50 pieces of artwork so you don’t even have to take out the old ones.  Here are the frames after Trigger painted some pictures…Trigger painted the background for both and then I painted the boys’ feet…of course Trigger’s is on the left (notice all the orange) and Campbell’s feet are on the right.

IMG_4162

Believe me, it looks a lot better…even if it’s not perfect, AT LEAST the toys all have a place!  I love having a playroom that I can close the doors and NO one sees the mess!!!!   Have I mentioned before that these boys have TOO many toys!!!  oh and too many books…Trigger and Campbell both have a bookcase in their rooms and we have this one in the playroom…PLUS I still have 2.5 more BIG tupperware containers full of books to go through…Matt says we can NOT keep them all.. :(  I just love books but it has gotten a LITTLE ridiculous!

No comments: