Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ive been thinking again.

Okay…so this is going to be a totally random post of the random things that go on in my head!  It’s a scary place up there!  Ha!

  • Even though it has broken my heart to keep Trigger from school for two months (and it has made me truly so sad that he’s missing out on so much fun), I am SOOOO thankful for this time that he has had with Campbell.  Since Larkin made her debut, Trigger and Campbell have become best buds.  Campbell idolizes and copies everything Trigger does.  Trigger wants Campbell to be with him “playing” all the time.  Now, don’t get me wrong.  They are constantly yelling at each other and fighting EVERY minute over toys BUT, I can so see how close they have become in just 7 weeks!  It’s just so neat to watch their little friendship grow.  I truly hope that they will always be close!
  • I went to Walmart today…Liz held down the circus while I got out for a couple of hours to breathe and relax.  By the way, I think it’s so funny that my idea of relaxing today was going to walmart at lunch time when every Tom, Dick, and Harry were in there shopping.  I mean, really, why weren’t all those people working or eating lunch.  Oh well, it was relaxing to me just to not have two children calling “mommy” every second while I heard screaming in the background!  Okay…the reason for posting this though is because I think I have a problem…germaphobe or OCD…I’m not sure what you call it but I literally walk in walmart and for a few seconds, I stare down the buggies wondering…”which one should I pick” …”if I pick that one, will I get the flu”…”what about that one…im sure it’s got the stomach bug germ all over it”….”Oooo…maybe the bright blue new handled ones are cleaner…I probably should go with one of those.”  PEOPLE, this is what my life and brain are like right now…I have been lowered to starring down buggies to determine which has the least amount of germs so I (and the rest of my family) don’t get sick.  But, you see, I’m obviously already sick in the head!

IMG_1031

  • I have a confession…I haven’t been to the dentist in 2 years.  There are reasons…errrr…excuses!  I have been pregnant for a lot of those two years and I knew I couldn’t have xrays….If I wasn’t pregnant, I was breastfeeding and was under time restraints….PLUS, it’s hard to coordinate when will  be a good day to have someone watch my children.   And then there is the matter of my front tooth.  I found out in college that I have a “dead” tooth..it’s not really dead because I’ve had it checked and there are still live roots.  Anyway, it will just keep getting darker and darker…I’m really, really concerned about what I’m going to do about it…there are options…really good options.  however, all of them make me nervous.  What if something goes wrong?  It’s my FRONT tooth.  My parents paid a lot of  money for my smile after two sets of braces, lots of retainers, LOTS of dental work, etc.  I really don’t want this one tooth to mess things up.  But, let’s get real…it’s really already an eye sore.  Sooo, going to the dentist means I’ve got to make some decision about that dang tooth and I just don’t really even want to deal with it.  The time has come…I finally made an appointment for next week.  I’ve been having major pain in the back of my mouth for about a week so I gave in.  It’s actually feeling better now and I’m tempted to cancel  but I won’t.  BTW, I’ve always disliked the dentist…it all stems from Dr. Gilmore.  He and his lovely assistants held me down while they checked my teeth…at my very first dentist appointment ever.  Haven’t been a fan of the profession since that moment!
  • My most favorite snacks right now are 1. frozen grapes 2. pear apples

IMG_1038

  • I’m not a fan of tax season.  Tax season means that Matt is gone a lot.  He does a great job of being here as much as possible.  However, he’s so sleep deprived (even more than me), that he doesn’t have much energy when he’s home.  How many days until April 15th??? (actually it’s the 18th this year, I think)
  • I have learned a few things about having three children (still have much more to learn).  One of the most important things that I had to learn..and am still learning…to tolerate is the constant crying.  There is literally always someone crying…and a lot of times there are two crying. 
  • One of the things I have found to entertain the boys especially while I am getting ready in the mornings…which by the way, I only put makeup on about 50% of the time.  Those of you that really know me, KNOW this is shocking!  Anyway, I put the boys in our shower.  I would show a picture but I don’t really want naked pictures on here.  They will stay in there for the longest time.  They have tons of little cups and they will sit and transfer water, fill their cups, etc.   I always put shaving cream all over the glass so they can draw…they LOVE that!  It’s easy entertainment that they LOVE…and most importantly, they are contained into one small area with not much they can destroy!

IMG_1045

  • It’s so easy with all of the screaming to forget what a miracle Larkin truly is.  Not that all babies aren’t a miracle because they are.  BUT, a lot of obstacles were overcome to get her here.  From the fact that we weren’t suppose to be able to conceive a child to the pregnancy issues…ending with the intrauterine growth restriction.  It’s really scary to think what could’ve happened considering all of the issues.  Dr. Harper made many comments about how glad he was to have her out..that last 24 hours scared him…and me!  So, even though I get tired of the crying, I am sooo very thankful for our little miracle!

IMG_1125

  • I’m pretty sure I have made some people mad.  I will explain myself on here to hopefully keep from hurting anyone else’s feelings.  I still carry my phone most of the time…I try to keep it right next to me where ever I am in the house.  However, it does get left places like in the kitchen while I’m in the playroom so I’m not as attached as I used to be.  I only have so many hands and arms…and my lounging clothes that I wear pretty much daily ;) don’t always have pockets!  I’m not going to lie though…there are A LOT of times that I ignore phone calls.  If you spent much time on the phone with me at my house, you would know why.  It’s not pleasant to talk to me when I have all three children.  Like I have said, someone is always screaming and I am usually near that screaming child and it’s super annoying to be the person on the other end listening to my children scream.  So, I ignore calls a lot.  I am also horrible (always have been) at returning calls.  If I have a free quiet second, I’m running like a mad woman to get laundry and dishes done and super cooked and maybe even a nap.  Sorry if I have hurt your feelings…I’m really just trying to spare your ears.
  • I know this is ridiculous but when I went for my check up with dr. harper yesterday, I was a little sad.  I was sitting there waiting and realized that I’ll never have those first appointments again…the ones where you are just giddy from finding out you are pregnant.  I’ll never feel another baby in my stomach. I’ll never see another ultrasound of a baby moving around inside of me.  I won’t be able to visit my favorite doctor except for once a year.  Do I want four children? NO…definitely…MOST definitely NOT!  However, it’s the fact that I will never again experience those things that makes me sad.  I’ll get over it eventually!

IMG_1150

  • Guess what?  As soon as we are released into the world and we don’t fear every germ out there, I am headed to two places…my favorite places: TARGET and HOBBY LOBBY!!!!! 
  • I am super sad that I can’t work at Kool Kids this time.  I don’t know why?  I think I just hate missing out on something.  Trigger is really the one that needs clothes and I wouldn’t find anything there for him because most of his age stuff is too worn.  Mr. Campbell does NOT need any clothes AT ALL!  That child has a walk in closet full for the spring/summer and I’m sure I’ll still get them all three stuff to match.  I really want to go to shop for Larkin bc I’ve never been able to shop for a girl there.  But, I can’t sacrifice that much time away right now (esp. during tax season and with me still nursing Larkin).  So, I may go shop at the guest sale because I can’t stay away. 
  • I’m a tad concerned that Larkin is going to have gender issues.  Her bassinet, boppy, and nap nanny are all blue.  Poor girl.  She’s so neglected….HA!
  • I think it’s funny how with different babies, you have different favorite things.  With Trigger and Campbell, I only used the boppy to prop them up for tummy time or for support while sitting.  With Campbell, he preferred that I walked while breastfeeding him so that’s usually what I did.  This time I decided that I would buy the “my breast friend” (how corny is that) because I had read great reviews about it.  I think I’ve used it maybe 5 times and get this, I use the boppy almost every single time that I feed Larkin.  The funny part about it is that it’s a pottery barn blue boppy with Trigger’s name monogrammed on one side in huge letters and Campbell’s name on the other.  HA!!

Okay…Matt’s actually home for a little bit.  He has larkin so I’m going to get some sleep before I have to feed Larkin again!

No comments: