Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Home Sweet Home

The first couple of weeks with Larkin home have gone pretty good.  I’d be lying if I said it has been smooth sailing…and I’d also be lying if I said “no, I haven’t had a meltdown”.  My meltdown really was not from being overwhelmed…believe me, that will come.  This meltdown came on day or actually night #2.  I was so tired.  We had had an AWFUL first night with Larkin…like NO sleep.  More on that in a minute.  Anyway, I was just really sad because Campbell wouldn’t have anything to do with me.  I knew that would happen because that’s just his personality.  If he’s not completely getting his way, he wants nothing to do with the situation.  I couldn’t pick him up  (and I was holding this new baby) so he wanted NOTHING to do with me.  Campbell has always been my baby.  I don’t want anyone to think I don’t love Trigger because oh my word, I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.  However, Trigger has never been attached to me or Matt…he’s always been happy with whoever…I think mainly because I went back to work so quickly and grandparents kept him.  Campbell has always been attached to me….maybe because I breastfed him for a year?!?  I don’t know but I am the only one that put him down for bed…the one who got him up…who dealt with him during the middle of the night…the one who he ALWAYS wanted.  He was a momma’s boy.  Well, in a quick few minutes of a sweet baby  being born, he changed.  He is no longer attached!  It just breaks my heart.  So, that was my meltdown. 

These are some pictures of the first week or two of us being home. 

Trigger is soooo in love with Larkin.  How sweet are these pictures…pure joy on Trigger’s face!

Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 653Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 655Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 660Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 663He went to get his “B” and paci because “Larkin needs it”
Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 676Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 677Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 681Abby and Sydney (and Aunt Karen) came to visit!Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 682Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 687Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 690Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 693Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 713Larkin got her first bath.Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 730Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 735Look at those wrinkled legs…such a skinny little girl.  She’s starting to put on some weight and fill out!Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 744Trigger and Campbell have played a lot in their playroom.  I walked in their one day to find this…Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 763Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 778Baby Jim has made a reappearance.  AND, Trigger has done a good job taking care of Jim…and that includes checking his diaper.Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 781He apparently did NOT smell well.Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 782So he had to change it.Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 792The other night the boys were having so much fun taking a bath.  Larkin was asleep so I thought I would snap a few pictures.Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 819Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 828Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 829Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 831At one point I decided that I probably should go check on Larkin…poor third child…she was screaming…tears and all!!!!!!!  She survived!  Then I stuck her between her clean brothers to take some pictures.  Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 853Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 855Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 868Trigger and Larkin’s feet.  Larkin has very skinny and long feet.  Maybe she will actually be able to wear Keds.  Campbell’s feet have always been to chunky to fit into them!  Larkin Elizabeth Woodard 887

No comments: