Sunday, June 28, 2009

We survived!!!!!!

We survived our first family vacation to the beach. As I think I have already said, we stayed at a condo that my dad owns with two other families. It is an AMAZING four bedroom/4.5 bath condo...and we were there by ourselves! Just me, Matt, and Trigger so of course we had plenty of room. Trigger had a rough start to the vacation. We left on Wednesday and Thursday was MISERABLE! At one point I was thinking, "WHAT in the WORLD did we get ourselves into? Why did we think it was good idea to take an 11 month old baby to the beach?" But, I think he just needed to adjust to being in a different place. Friday and Saturday were MUCH better. He even took great naps on those days!!! Great Naps=Happy Baby (and Happy Mommy and Daddy)!!!
Trigger did not like the sand at first. When the sand got on his hand, he would shake it to try to get it off...poor guy! He did get alot better each day. We ended up spended most of our time outside in the lazy river that they have at the condo. It's awesome. They have tubes for you (we brought Trigger a crab tube with a shade cover) and you just float around the river...AWESOME!!!! Trigger is a baby (as we know) and so his attention span isn't so long...he liked the lazy river only for limited amounts of time. This is what our beach schedule looked like:
7:30ish- Wake and get bottle/breakfast
8:00-8:30- Play in condo
8:30-10:00- Trigger's Morning nap/Mommy and Daddy's relax time (on the balcony or watching tv)
10:00-11:00 (that maybe stretching it)- Lazy river/beach
11:00ish- bottle/lunch
11:30-12:30- Play in condo
12:30-2:00- Trigger's Afternoon nap/More relax time for Daddy/Mommy's time to get ready
2:00-5:00- Shopping/piddling around in town
5:30- Supper (we did not get to go out to eat at all...we did pick up food two nights...Trigger can't make it in public at night)
6:00-6:30- Photo session time on the beach
6:45- Trigger's Bathtime
7:15- Trigger's Nighttime bottle/ down for night/ Mommy and Daddy's relax time
So...if you add it up, we were outside for about an hour and a half! That's CRAZY since we were on a BEACH vacation. Needless to say, trips are a little different A.T. (after Trigger)! Haha! However, Matt and I did get alot of relaxing while Trigger napped so that was good!
Here are some more pictures of Trigger on vacation...













In case you haven't noticed in some of the pictures, Trigger will randomly give me kisses. He will NOT give you one when you ask...just when he's feeling like it! haha...my, oh my, this boy already has a mind of HIS OWN...we have a LONG road ahead of us!!!!! Sorry for all the pictures and long post. I hope you have a great week...Please take a minute to pray for my longtime friend Emery (http://www.emandericwilkerson.blogspot.com/). She is being induced in the morning. Pray for Emery and Eric to have a speedy labor and for Baby Hudson. They are going to be awesome parents!

1 comment:

The Dugdale Family said...

Hey Garson-
I have somehow ended up on your blog! I love it and it is so good to see pictures of Trigger. I wanted to comment (for the first time ever on someone's blog) that we went to the beach last week and I must say that our schedule was about like yours....about an hour a day on the beach. Quite sad! I guess the days of frying in the sun are over for us.....haha. Let's have a playdate soon!
-Joanna