Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Beach Vacation- Day 1

WARNING: LONG POST with LOTS of PICTURES :) Leave the page if you don't have time for us..haha!
Our vacation began this morning. We woke Trigger up around 7. Normally he would have long since been up but OF COURSE on the day we wanted him to get up early, he didn't. Anyway, I changed and fed him while Matt packed the car down with ENTIRELY too much stuff! And we were OFF!
This is the view from my seat in the car.

And a FUZZY picture of Trigger before we left.

Trigger did great the first half of the trip. He even took about an hour nap. We stopped for lunch in Hattiesburg...ate at McCalisters! Usually we would grab something fast but we thought it would give Trigger a break from the car. Then, when we were right outside WILMER, Alabama, (which BTW I think that's hilarious that there is a town named WILMER...soooo funny to me...you know, it's the little things that make me laugh!) we stopped at a Dairy Queen...this is how it went down (while driving 35-45 mph)
Matt: There's a Dairy Queen
Garson: Yep...I love dairy queen
Matt: You want something
Garson: I'm full but I sure will take a bite of yours if you get something
Matt (actually the car): SQUEALING tires, wheeling into Dairy Queen's parking lot bc we almost missed the turn (and heaven forbid that we turn around..haha)
So...here are a few from Dairy Queen! I do love that place. Matt got something new and it had brownie batter in it...YUMMY!!!!


We finally arrived at the condo and it's AMAZING! The condo is owned by my dad and two others. This was my first time to see it in person and it's beautiful. If your a friend of Matt's on facebook, he is going to upload a video of some of it tonight so be on the lookout for that!...We went to the grocery store, Trigger had to eat supper, and off to the SAND!
I was so excited...had camera in hand...fully expected Trigger to hate the sand because he isn't real fond of foreign things touching him (ex. at first he didn't like to crawl in grass...doesn't care now though)! AND I WAS RIGHT....HE HATED IT!!!!!!!! He was very concerned about the sand getting on his hands and legs! Here are a few first pictures of Trigger on the beach.












And, last but NOT least, our first family portrait on the beach!

2 comments:

Nora said...

I love the pictures, y'all are going to have so much fun! JK wasn't too sure about the sand at first, give him a day or so, he will be ok with it. Take lots of pictures, I love seeing them! Have a great time.

Nora said...

Oh...and I love the foot picture!