Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Kitchen

I'm actually at school right now...ON A SATURDAY. Our computers have decided to go haywire...AT THE SAME TIME. I think they thought it would be funny to both be mad at the same time...just to see what my reaction would be. I do NOT think it's funny in the least! I'm completely irritated with them. OH well...so I came to school to do my lesson plans...heehee...does it look like I am doing lesson plans...NOPE...got side tracked! No really, Matthew, I am about to do them right now! Right after this post!

Kelly at kellyskornerblog.com is having a show us where you live Friday. This week she wanted to see everyone's kitchens. I decided that it was a great motivation for me to clean up a little bit and put away a few baby things that we aren't using anymore. So, this is my kitchen.
Before I cleaned off the refrigerator.

After I cleaned off the refrigerator.

A view of the sink and bar.

The Stove. If you will look on the right side of the picture, you can see my cookbook rack. I LOVE this rack because it was my mom's rack that she stored all of her cookbooks on. And, the recipe box in front, was my grandmother's.

Our Pantry. Sorry for the mess...doesn't matter how often I clean it, it returns to this messy state within a week! :(

Our Breakfast area...we are trying to actually sit there for supper now that we have a baby. We do have a fourth chair...we needed it in Trigger's room and it hasn't been returned yet!

I love this too...I was going through some of my grandmother's old things and I found this plate. I love it. I doesn't really match my kitchen but I don't care!

Hope you enjoyed taking a sneak peek inside our house!

4 comments:

Keely said...

Your kitchen is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Have a good weekend

Connie said...

Your kitchen is very cozy looking. I love the personal touches from your mom and grandma. Connie

Jocelyn said...

Cute! I'm updating my kitchen this week (new counters and sink on Tuesday, new back splash and faucet today) and I'm SO excited!

Anonymous said...

I'm just searching Kelly's Kitchen's for ideas for our renovation.. I love your pantry. I so hope we can fit something like that into our plans. It's great!

Thanks for sharing a beautiful space!