Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our Dining Room

I am participating in Kelly's show me your house Friday again this week. This week you are supposed to post pictures of your dining room. Matt and I were just discussing how we wish we did NOT have a dining room but rather a really large kitchen that would accomodate a huge table. We never use our dining room! However, I really like the space. The color on three of the walls is kindof a burnt orange and I would have NEVER picked it but I LOVE IT!
This picture is what you see when you come in from the laundry room or kitchen. The brown door is our front door and the white doors on the right of the picture. They lead to our office.

This is the view if you were coming from our master bedroom hallway.

I absolutely love my new china cabinet. My parents gave it to me for Christmas. I desparately needed something to store all of our china, serving peices, and table linens.

Inside my china cabinet, I have my moms china. It's not what I would pick out but I love it because it was hers.

These are a few other things of my grandmothers that are stored in the china cabinet.

I absolutely LOVE this. My parents gave me this for Christmas. It's from Pottery Barn and has our initials etched on the top of the glass. Our wedding flowers are stored inside.


In other news, Trigger is feeling a little better. Sunday night was pretty rough...brought back many memories from the newborn nights! We went to the doctor on Monday and I stayed home with him. I took a few pictures of him playing (playtime was MINIMAL on this day since he wasn't feeling good). He has been pulling up for about month now. But, he has just started pulling himself up on his toy bucket and it's sooo cute. He will reach in and pull everything out and throw it on the floor. CUTE NOW...probably not going to be so cute in a few weeks..haha! He doesn't look too happy in these pictures but still cute! Oh yeah...and as for the socks on the entertainment center...Trigger got them out of the laundry basket and put them there. :)




Have a great weekend!!! I hope to get lots of rest....HAHAHA!!!! Nope..no rest for me...got to finish my 13 scrapbooks for my precious students!

2 comments:

April Greener said...

Very Beautiful dining room. I too love the paint color

karen from ohio said...

Hi there - loved your photos and wanted to let you know that I kept your site up and listened to your tunes all afternoon -- thanks!!