Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Campbell’s First Birthday Party- Milk and Cookies Decorations

I can’t believe that I have gotten  caught up and am actually posting about Campbell’s birthday.  I’m going to start by showing the decorations.  Then, I post picture from the actual party.  I knew a long time ago that I wanted to do a milk and cookies party.  I really could’ve/should’ve done a “cupcake” them like I did for Trigger because I could’ve used all those decorations that I have somewhere.  But, NOOOO, I couldn’t do something easy like that…Nope, not me!  I have to make things difficult on myself.  I was determined to do just as much stuff for Campbell’s party as I did for Trigger’s first birthday.  I didn’t want it to be an “awwww….he’s the second child” kind-of party.  I tried to keep it low key…my husband would COMPLETELY disagree with me on that one…but, he didn’t see my grand plans that I had in the beginning…I cut a ton of stuff out to make it easier on myself. 

Okay…let’s get started.  This is our breakfast area.  I decorated our light fixture with pom-pons and mesh.  Of course since it was a milk and cookies party, we used the colors of brown, tan, cream, and white.Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 050Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 052These are our favors.  I made cookies in a jar for each family.  Since we just invite family right now, I like doing a family gift so everyone gets to take something home.Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 053The favor tags were tiny brown sacks.Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 054This was inside the sack: Directions for making the cookies and a picture of Campbell.Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 055The one year banner.  I couldn’t just choose one from each month so I just chose my favorite pictures throughout the year.Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 056This is our dining room.  I also decorated this light fixture with pom-pons and mesh.Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 057Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 058The napkins…yes, I did stamp every single napkin with a “c”.  Another little detail that just brings it all together…also one more thing that caused Matt to roll his eyes! ;)Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 060I was suppose to go to this wholesale florist in Monroe on Friday afternoon but didn’t get there in time…I improvised with these that I found at Hobby Lobby…it actually turned out great bc they match the colors.Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 062The dessert table.  Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 064I had white milk and “cow juice” (that’s what Trigger calls choc milk) to serve with the cake and ice cream.Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 065We also had fun red and white straws for the milk.  And, check out that tin.  Isn’t it awesome?  It went perfectly with our theme!Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 066I had to put a picture of our flower beds.  Matt replanted them Friday because all of our other flowers had died!  Excuse our big dirt pit in the front yard…Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 068The front door…more pom-pons, more mesh, and a few milk jars.Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 070Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 071Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 074And, we had to have a “happy birthday” banner.  I used the pictures that I took of Campbell eating his first cookie.Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 076Sorry…I couldn’t resist adding this picture of my oh so handsome helper.Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 083Here is a picture of the food table with all the food.  We had chicken salad sandwiches, Mrs. Haworth’s cucumber sandwiches, bunco buns (ham and swiss), peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, spinach dip, texas caviar, and grapes.   I had labels for all of the food and my family made fun of me.  :(  They just don’t understand that it looks cute! HA!Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 084

1 comment:

Vanna said...

everything was so cute!....and i was NOT one that made fun of you!!! bc ill probably be doing the same thing when october rolls around....differen theme-of course :)