Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Whew, I’m getting caught up!  This past week, Trigger had swimming lessons.  Mrs. Carla Colvin was his teacher.  I thought she would be perfect because she is firm and Trigger usually needs that.  I had no idea what to expect with Trigger.  Liz took him on the first day.  She didn’t stay and Mrs. Colvin actually got him out of the car.  Liz said she was worried about the rushed transition but he did great.  No crying!  When Liz picked him up, Mrs. Colvin said he did great and that she did not see what Matt and I had been talking about (his difficult behavior) because he was wonderful for her. Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 035Day two: I took him and dropped him off….Of course, he cried but got over it quickly.  That was the only day that he cried.  I’m not saying that he woke up wanting to go to swimming lessons…NOPE, actually, he would tell me every morning that he was NOT going.  He did soooo good while he was there.  Wednesday-Friday, I let Trigger bring Woody to sit on the table to watch.  It was kind of funny but Trigger liked it. Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 041After each lesson, Mrs. Colvin gave him a popsicle.  EVERY single day, he chose ORANGE…shocker, I know!Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 042On Friday, I stayed to watch the whole time and he did GREAT!  I was fully prepared for a meltdown and to have to leave but I didn’t have to.  He jumped off the diving board 4 or 5 times without hesitation….he floated (which Mrs. Colvin said was great for his age)…he even swam under water, kicking to Mrs. Colvin…AND, he is a professional bubble blower!  I was soooo pleased with the week and so was Mrs. Colvin.  Campbell's First Birthday Party and T's Swimming Lessons 046

I can’t wait for him to take next year!!!  I always LOVED swimming lessons and I think I took every year until I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade because I wanted to take them.  So, I hope Trigger enjoys swimming just as much as I did!

No comments: