Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beach Trip 2011 (part 1)

At the beginning of June, our family of four left for the beach.  It is always amazing to me how much I have to pack for us to go on a short 4-5 day trip.  This time, I did try to just bring the essentials…since we go to my dad’s condo, there are things there we can use.  Plus, we always go to walmart when we get down there.  I had planned for us to go this particular week so we would be down there for Campbell’s first birthday.  We were at the condo for Trigger’s first birthday too.  I just thought it was special that we spent both of their first birthdays in the same place.  The trip down was actually really good.  Both boys were fussy for the last 30 minutes but other than that, they were great. 

I have to say that Campbell is a lot more laid back that Trigger EVER was at this age.  I’m sure our parenting has a lot to do with that.  When we came with Trigger, we spent VERY little time on the beach…I mean, maybe 1.5-2 hours the entire trip…but, with Campbell, we just skipped that morning nap, went outside and stayed outside all morning.  We would come back in around 11 to eat lunch and take naps.  After nap, we would get ready and go eat an early supper.  Two nights, after supper, we came back to take pictures on the beach…my husband must love me! ;)

This is us after we got to the condo.

Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 019Our first day, we headed out to the beach with VERY low expectations for staying long because Trigger HATED sand the last time we were there…so we expected both boys to be miserable out there.  IT was EXACTLY the opposite.  TRIGGER absolutely LOVED the sand and the ocean.  Campbell wasn’t a huge fan of the water coming up and touching him but he tolerated it…but he loved the sand.  They both would come in for lunch with it in EVERY (and I mean every) nook and cranny.  ;)Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 056Occasionally, we had meltdowns!  I bet you are surprised!Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 072Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 076Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 089Trigger would literally let the waves just knock him down.Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 130Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 150Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 151I thought we would spend more time at the pool but Trigger loved the ocean so much that we didn’t spend much time in it.Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 160Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 166The boys at Lamberts…NOT going back…I’m not sure what the excitement is about…the food selection is not great and neither was the food that we ordered.Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 167Our first attempt at beach pictures…Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 180Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 191Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 242I want you to check out the next series of pictures…Matt was taking them and didn’t really take what I wanted but watch Campbell..Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 262Going in for the bite…guess he didn’t want his brother holding his hand.Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 263This is pretty much how the first night of pictures went…lots of fussing from c and busyness from t.Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 274We took a quick pic inside the condo.  I’m not sure what the deal is with Trigger’s smile.Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 289And, Woody had to join our family picture….because he’s a Woodard, of course!Beach 2011 and Campbell's real birthday 290

No comments: