Monday, August 26, 2013

Trigger’s party #1

We had scheduled Trigger’s birthday party for the Saturday after his real birthday.  I always schedule it afterwards…for some odd reason, I have issues with having our parties before their actual birthday.  Anyway, Trigger had been great all week…went to art camp…played…been completely normal.  Then, on Friday night, I noticed that Trigger seemed lethargic and just didn’t look like himself.  Then, he told me that his head hurt.  I felt of him and he seemed a little hot.  I gave him some tylenol for his head and then immediately checked his temp. FEVER!  Like high 102.  I was just devastated.  I had planned and planned and had the house spic and span.  We got the kids in bed and then I sent out a mass text telling everyone that Trigger had fever…that we would still have party if he was okay in the morning.  The party was supposed to start at 9 because of the heat.  Trigger woke the next morning and he still had a high temp.  So, I sent out another mass text cancelling his party.  Trigger was devastated.  I had to promise him a toy after we went to the doctor.    The dr told us it was a really bad sinus infection and that Trigger needed to lay low for a couple of days and that we had made the right decision to cancel the party.  I knew that it was the right decision but it’s always nice to have your decisions backed up by a doctor.  IMG_3653We had already ordered a cake…so we had to still pick that up.  IMG_3655We had TONS of fruit all washed and cut up so we ate it all day!IMG_3659Then, we still let the kids go outside and play on the slide.  Trigger acted fine as long as he had medicine in him.  I KNOW…she told us to let him lay low for a few days.  He wasn’t out long!  But, having to cancel your fifth birthday party…I figured he deserved a few minutes of water fun!IMG_3662

Then, my parents and sister came over to let him blow out his candles and eat cake.  I just slid the top off the cake and froze it to save it for when we rescheduled his party.  IMG_5024IMG_5026

So, it was not the day we had planned but we promised him that we would make it up as soon as possible. 

No comments: