Sunday, August 25, 2013

fourth of july

We didn’t spend the fourth of july quite like we had planned.  We had invited a few couples to come over to hang out and let the kids play on the water slide…just hang out…and eat.  I was sooo looking forward to it.  Well, wouldn’t you know that one of my children (larkin) decided to start running fever….actually, she had been running fever all week and I was sure that it wouldn’t last an entire week…I was WRONG.  She had about 5 days of HIGH fever.  Like 102.9-103.7 temps.  HIGH!  So we had to cancel.  I was really sad.  We did have some fun with our little family of five though.  IMG_4658IMG_4661IMG_4663

Larkin even felt good enough (while the motrin was in her good) to play in the water for a little bit.  I know that probably seems wrong to let my child go outside in the heat and play when she had been running fever but this was the happiest she had been all week!IMG_4681IMG_4688IMG_4692IMG_4694IMG_4700IMG_4727IMG_4729IMG_4746And, we shot some fireworks…Campbell, like last year, talked really big about how much he loved fireworks but when it came down to it, SCARED TO DEATH!IMG_4752

These pictures are all out of order but I just don’t have it in me to fix them.  The week prior to July 4th, I had campbell paint a flag.  I LOVE how it turned out!  I wish I had had him paint in on canvas so I couldve hung it in his room!IMG_2622We ate supper outside the night of july fourth.IMG_2773And played candyland while we waited for it to get dark.IMG_2775And then campbell and I sat inside his room and watched trigger shoot fireworks.  I can’t blame Campbell…it was very nice sitting in the cool room, in a comfy chair, where it was quiet, just taking it all in!  :)IMG_2776

Soooo…it was not what I expected BUT ended up being a great day!

No comments: