Sunday, August 25, 2013

Larkin- 18 months

Miss Larkin turned 18 months on July 6th.  This is so hard for me to believe.  HOW can time be going by so fast???  I NEED it to slow down.  After the fever virus that I spoke about in the last post, we had to take larkin in to be checked to make sure that it was just a virus and nothing else…and for her 18 month check up.  She had just been in a week before for something else.  So, in ONE week, Larkin had lost 2 pounds from that stupid virus.  Dr. Slusher panicked.  She had dropped way down on her growth chart…down to the 3rd percentile for weight.  Dr. Slusher told me that we had to whatever we could to get that weight back up.  I was still nursing and she told me to definitely NOT stop that and to make sure that I was eating a high calorie diet (haha)…and we had to start pumping her with whole milk/chocolate milk with carnation instant breakfast stirred in.  And then had to go back to dr. after a month for a weight recheck. 

I can not tell you how many french fries, shakes, etc that I shoved into her mouth.  She doesn’t really like to eat so it was a daily struggle.  I know that sounds ridiculous but it really was stressful.  She would flat out refuse to eat.   Like to the point that I was making shakes for her breakfast…like mint chocolate chip shakes.  Which she got all excited about and drank about five sips and was done.  IM TELLING YOU …STRUGGLE!!!!!!  She still isn’t a good eater but we had her weight rechecked at 19 months and dr slusher was SHOCKED.  She had gained her weight back…and was right where she was supposed to be on her growth chart.  Glad my persistence paid off!  IMG_2524IMG_267718 month stats:

20 lbs 4 oz. and 31.75 inches longIMG_2698IMG_2701This was when she had fever (below)..see her red cheeks  :(IMG_2720Her 18 month check up.IMG_2724IMG_2735Larkin likes to cry a lot when she doesn’t get her way.  She is quite spoiled…we are working on that!  She LOVES shoes and will change her shoes a million times a day.  Larkin loves my jewelry and likes for me to take it off so she can wear it.  IMG_2740Larkins personality is coming out daily…she is a live wire.  Liz told me the other day “you are gonna have you hands full with that one…she is fiesty…you can see it in her eyes”…yeah, because that’s what I need…another big personality child…can’t I have one that is compliant???IMG_2747Larkin still isn’t talking great but she is trying more and more every day.  She has lots of babble like Trigger had.  IMG_2835She says “nooooooo” in the cutest, longest drawn out voice.  Its really cute and she knows it so she says it often!  IMG_2841When Larkin got her shots at her appt, she was sooo very dramatic.  She cried for a LOOOONG time.  And then she cried every time she looked at her leg.  IMG_2974im telling you…DRAMATIC!IMG_2976checking out her leg again…IMG_2980Shes my girl…dramatic, head strong, funny, sassy, fiesty, waddle walkin, little girl!  I love her sooo incredibly much!!!!!IMG_2984

No comments: