Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pregnancy Update

Pregnancy update: I am doing good...scared to death every time I go to the dr that he's going to tell me to pack it up at school and go home (or to the hospital) for the duration! Since I haven't given you any kind of update on here since we announced we were pregnant, let me give a quick...quick update!
We went to Dr. Jones (at Schumpert) right before Christmas. WE LOVED, LOVED him...first of all, the facility can't even be compared to LSUS's. Sooooo much nicer. They don't over book their patients so you never have to wait more than 10 minutes...ahhhh...it's alll sooo nice. AND to top it off, Dr. Jones is so nice and VERY, VERY intelligent. annnnddd, he learned about my craziness at the first visit....but he went with it and even gave me printouts to read. He switched my shots to Lovenox instead of Heparin because it is more high powered and only once a day. The draw back is that the shot hurts...way worse than the heparin. We will switch back over to Heparin at 36 weeks (if we make it that far) because you can't be given an epidural when you are on Lovenox...WHAT? that can NOT happen! However, Dr. Harper still thinks I am probably looking at a C-Section anyway so that won't matter.
I have been seeing Dr. Harper either every week or every other week depending on how my bp looks. It's nice going to the dr. often bc it gives me that reassurance but it sure is time consuming! I did start having contractions around 16 weeks...as many as 4 a day...they have slowed down some but still have them every day. Dr. Harper said it's fine as long as they aren't regular...it's just scary for me...the other thing is that my bp has already started to go up. He just upped my bp medicine in hopes that it will stop going up. I'm checking it regularly and it's not going up but it is definitely higher than my normal. The good news is that we can still go up on my meds. and I'm trying to take it easy....hahahahaha...with an 19 month old that constantly needs to be in the corner..that's funny!
So..please pray that the bp medicine will work. My goal is to make it at work til the end of tax season (April 15th) because that would just make it a little easier on my sweet husband! I will 31 weeks by then. With Trigger, I was told to stay at home at 30 weeks (not strict bedrest though), put in the hospital at 32 and delivered at 34. However, I wasn't teaching and I didn't have a TRIGGER at home...so we will see! OF COURSE, we would love for me to be healthy enough to teach til the end of school but I'm trying to be realistic (and prepared)!
We are taking it day by day...so please pray for us!
And, I will leave you with an unflattering picture of my growing belly....I'm 23 weeks right now.

Oh and for those of you that don't know...we are having another BOY! I always knew God would give me boys....I am a boy momma through and through...maybe because I have spent most of my life surrounded by stinky boys! I just hope they always love and cherish their momma! And for those of you that have asked, YES, this is our last...We (and our doctors) think this should be it for my body!
I'll try to do better about updating...not promising though! :)

3 comments:

jessie said...

i'm so glad all is good right now! let me know if you need anything!

The Woodards said...

Thanks, Jessie!!!! You are too sweet.

the vance's said...

You look fabulous! You and that sweet baby boy are in my prayers! I am glad things are going so well right now and you have to doctors you like and trust! They both seem to have a plan and seem to be very proactive--that is very important:) Take care of yourself!!!