Saturday, May 12, 2012

Soooooo Tired

Trigger has slowly given up his nap.  This has been so hard for me because we have always had such great nappers.  As I posted before, we took away Trigger’s paci a couple of months ago and with that change, he pretty much gave up naps.  IT’s really fine.  I still make him lay down in his room…some days he will just sit in his bed and “read” books and other days he will just lay there and rest.  About one day out of of 14 days does he actually go to sleep.  I love when he goes to sleep BUT it makes it very hard for him to go to sleep at night…like 1000pm before he finally goes to sleep on the days he sleeps during nap.  Anyway, this past weekend he got up from his bed during naptime….he changed his clothes into this fleece outfit.  I told him that he was going to get hot…Matt told him that he was going to get hot…he would not listen so I let him wear it.  I honestly can’t even remember what happened but something made him made.  He was crying and he laid down on the rug in our dining room and cried and cried…I knew he was exhausted…I could tell by the way he was crying…the next thing I knew, he was SOUND asleep.  Right there on the rug.  I left him there and went on about my day…talked on the phone, cleaned up, etc.  He slept through the noise and slept for about an hour.  Bless his heart…he had to have been exhausted to sleep in fleece on the floor! ;)

IMG_3361IMG_3362IMG_3364

1 comment:

jessie said...

O's giving up her nap. Not fun. But I also make her stay in bed for a little break for myself. She just plays and talks to herself!