Friday, November 18, 2011

House Update

Well…we are soooo close but yet sooo far away from being in the new part of the house.  I have to be honest and say that there are days that I am so excited for the men to show up…and then there are days when I DREAD seeing their trucks because that means they are going back and forth in my house AND I have to coral the boys ALL day from escaping out the door and into the new part OR outside….then, there are days that I get very frustrated that this project isn’t closer to being finished.  Let me show you a few pictures of the progress.

Boys rooms addition

IMG_1528Full house viewIMG_1531

Trigger modeling by the HUGE doors.  They are 8 ft doors for the laundry room closet.  I asked for them but didn’t envision that they would be this huge!  I love them though!doorsLockers in the mudroomIMG_1856Door from the garage into the mudroom.IMG_1857Small broom/vacuum/mop closetIMG_1858The laundry room closet.  This is what I am most excited about…STORAGE…and LOTS of it!!!!  These are the 8ft doors.IMG_1859Laundry room.IMG_1860The other side of the laundry room…IMG_1861The hallway from the existing house into the boys area…that door was campbells bedroom door.  It won’t stay but they are leaving it for now…keeps the boys out.IMG_1864Campbell’s closet…Trigger’s pretty much looks the same except it’s a teeny bit larger.IMG_1865Campbells room.  This is my favorite room.  It has THREE windows and is so bright and looks right out to the front of the house/driveway.  IMG_1866Boys “jack and jill (or Jack and jack)” bathroom.IMG_1867Trigger’s roomIMG_1868Safe room…which isn’t near finished because the mason needs to come do the cinder blocks before the steel ceiling can be put in….and before the sheetrock is put up!Master closetIMG_1870IMG_1872IMG_1873IMG_1874Matt’s desk…in the master closet.  Poor thing had to give up the office so he got booted to the closet!  I really don’t feel sorry for him!  The baby will actually sleep in this closet for awhile.  We will put up a pack and play in here because it’s directly off our bedroom…that way, we don’t have to run to the other side of the house each time I need to feed her.  IMG_1875

The mason was suppose to be here yesterday…suppose to be here today…and we all know how that goes!  The deadline that we had was for Nov. 30…but we extended it to that Friday, dec. 2.  I’m pretty sure there is NO way that can happen.  We still have bricks, siding, painting, flooring, air, plumbing, and electricity left…and a few other odd and end jobs that need to be done….like take out the stupid decorative column that is in our dining room…that my boys think is a climbing wall.  We shall see…Im trying to push down my anal tendencies and not worry about it.  However, I have three childrens’ clothes in one closet.  A shop that is packed full of toys, furniture, and misc things from the playroom and other parts of the house.  AND, our dining room is OUT of CONTROL…boxes pilled near the wall with office supplies and Campbell’s room stuff.  It’s quite chaotic in our house…and we don’t even have room for a christmas tree…and those of you that know me (and matt), KNOW that we would have the entire inside and outside decorated by this point.  My guess is that we will have a (ONE…not three or four) tree and a mantle decorated AFTER the house is done.  KILLING ME!!!!  however, there are layers upon layers of dust and I really don’t want my tree ruined from the dust!

It will all get done at some point…just stressful having to sit and wait and know the work that lies ahead…NOT to mention that time is ticking with miss priss in my tummy!

No comments: