Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I knew it was coming...

He's a BOY and I think that about explains all our mishaps from the weekend!
Poor little Trigger had a busy, TOUGH weekend. THis weekend, Matt and I had our 10 year reunion at Cedar Creek. We had a good time at the game and the school tour...we didn't get to the picnic and supper because of conflicts and miscommunications! :( Here are a few pictures of the reunion. Oh and it was Trigger's first Cedar Creek football game...first of MANY!!!
The first one is of Trigger and Chasten (Mrs. Veatch).

Trigger finally got to meet Georgia Dugdale...who knows..it might be his future wife?!?! As you can see, Trigger was just real thrilled..it was an hour or so past his bedtime. Sorry, Georgia, I hope you don't judge Trigger on his first impression! :) He did share his cell phone though!

Several people tried to hold Trigger but he wouldn't have anything to do with the strangers. However, Trigger kept leapt out my arms TWICE to go to Jeff Dendy(who was not even paying attention to Trigger...he was talking to Matt). I thought it was sweet. Trigger liked Jeff...I think it maybe because he misses his Uncle Lance and Jeff is built like Lance (and had on a camo hat like Lance wears).

This is a picture of me and Rachel

Of course Trigger had to wear his Cedar Creek football jersey and I LOVE that it has WOODARD on the back...so cute! This is a picture of him and his daddy watching the game.

Then, on our tour of the school Saturday morning, Rachel and I went up to the cheerleading room. When we looked in the closet, we noticed that our names are still everywhere...and this was so sweet to me...this was written under one of the shelves in the closet. The tour was where he had his first mishap...he fell on the parking lot while walking and holding MY hand and got a little scrape on his forehead.

One more, Coach barmore...one of my favorite teachers at CC came to school to show us his classroom..even though he had had the flu all week and didn't feel well. This is a picture of Trigger and Matt sitting in Coach Barmore's room. I hope Coach Barmore will teach Trigger one day. He's an AWESOME teacher.

2nd injury- after we got home, Trigger was walking/crawling in the hallway and ran into the corner of the walls. BRUISE on his forehead...right next to the scrape.
Okay...i didn't intend on blogging about the reunion...imagine that...I got distracted!!! Me??? NEVER!!!!! Ha!
Saturday afternoon my cousin Jenny's little boy (Brannon) had his first birthday party. Trigger had his 3rd mishap. He was walking around on the grass (and I was taking pictures...of course) and fell down...no big deal because he does that all the time...he just gets up and keeps going which is what he did. However, when he stood up. He looked at his arm and said, "eh, eh, eh"...well, I saw some black stuff on his arm and thought, "he's irritated bc he's got dirt on him"...so I walked over to brush it off...NO DIRT, ANTS...lots and lots of ANTS...all over his arm and hand. I happen to have snapped a picture just as Trigger had gotten up and you can see the ants on him...AND NO I DID NOT KNOW THAT THEY WERE ANTS...IN FACT, I THREW MY CAMERA AT MY DAD AS SOON AS I SAW THE ANTS! He gotten bitten bad...here are the pictures...poor baby!


But, my baby is still happy! even with those nasty ant bites...you can see them in this picture too! This is his little smirk that he does that I just love...and its a definite, "I know i'm bad but i'm so darn cute" look.

And our last but WORST incident happened on Sunday. Trigger was being silly about an hour before bed and twisted his legs up and fell...RIGHT ONTO OUR BRICK HEARTH...he hit his cheekbone right below his eye. It only scraped his skin a little but immediately started bruising. The next morning it looked awful...black eye, swollen, scraped...my baby's beautiful face...I was so upset! We went to see Dr. Magee and he said that it didn't hurt his cheekbone but that it would look bad for a week. So, here is a picture of his first (and hopefully last...but i'm not holding my breath) black eye.

I have sooo many pictures that i want to blog but just haven't had the time...I've taken pictures on Tech campus on the day of the first home game...took some at the lincoln parish museum...tailgating at the church...so I will try to catch up!
I'm tired and I've got to get up oh so early (5am) in the morning. I don't do well without sleep!

No comments: