Wednesday, September 16, 2009

GO ASTROS!

My dad's birthday is on Sept. 1st and each year we all go for a weekend to houston. Last year we were not able to go because Trigger had just gotten out of the NICU...the trip got cancelled anyway because of a hurricane. My parents have season tickets to the Astros games so we always go to a couple of games and eat at Vic and Anthony's steakhouse (which is right by the hotel and ballpark). My parents go so much that they are friends with everyone at The Inn at the Ballpark. When we arrived on Friday afternoon, Trigger had a present waiting on him from the manager of The Inn. It was so sweet that she thought of leaving a present for him. This was his present.





He got a baseball picture frame, an astros giraffe, and a sweet note from Chris Z.

I thought this was pretty clever...my precious child is quite a high maintenance sleeper. I came up with the idea to make a divider out of pvc pipe so that Trigger couldn't see us if we had to get up to go to the bathroom or first thing in the morning. I have to say that I think it worked! We didn't leave it put up to transport it...we aren't complete rednecks! Matt said it looked like we were either building a bomb or repiping the bathroom. Haha.

Now, on to our annual family picture. We have t-shirts made each year.

And here are a few from the games. Trigger did pretty good considering the games started after his bedtime. He made it through ONE inning the first night and THREE innings.





The second night, before the game, we went to see and take pictures of Trigger's brick at the ballpark. His Poppy and Izzy bought him a brick when he was born. Abby and Sydney have one too and the Hood kids have one.




We arrived at The Inn on Friday afternoon and we left on Sunday morning. On our way out we stopped at the ballpark to take a few pictures on the big baseballs.




Oh, and Trigger did pretty good traveling too! PRETTY GOOD...and by that I mean, I handed him toys and he played with each one for about 30 seconds and then threw it down and screamed for another...over and over again. UNTIL...I gave him a little tylennol. Hey, don't judge me...Trigger was teething...i think...haha...no really he did cut three molars around that week.
Okay. Off to bed. I just spent about an hour and half looking through my closet to find something to wear for our church pictorial pictures. We take them tomorrow at 4:45. Now, WHY DIDN"T I THINK ABOUT THIS BEFORE TONIGHT...I will never KNOW why I wait to the very last second. and let me say that it is hard to coordinate three people so that we don't look like we are the circus come to town. My selections are limited because I have NO clothes...or at least no clothes without markers or paint stained on them. AND to top it off and narrow my selection even further, I have a huge bruise on my forearm...like almost as big as my palm. So, i will be wearing longsleeve. And Ive decided on a lovely plain black shirt...SHOCKER, I know!
seriously, I'm going to watch a little tv and little my brain rest. It's tired!

2 comments:

jessie said...

fun trip! can't wait to start traveling with olivia!

StephMilton said...

You look cute in anything so i'm sure y'alls pics will be GREAT!