Saturday, July 13, 2013

Woodard/Hogan Beach Trip- year TWO

Okay…I can’t believe I am this behind posting about our beach trip.  This year was totally different than last year in that it was soooo much easier than last year.  Last year, we had a 6 month old, 1 yr old, two 2 yr olds, and a 3 yr old.  This year, in case you can’t add a year, we had a 1 yr old, an almost 2 yr old, two 3 year olds, and a 4 year old.  MAJOR difference.  I will not go as far as to say that it was EASY because it never is with children.  In fact, I wish I had a dollar for every time that Matt had to take Campbell out to our suburban to spank him so that he didn’t cry after the spanking and wake the other kids.  We definitely had some behavior issues (at least the woodards did…I wont speak for the hogans).  It was fun to see the kids starting to interact more each year.  We did NOT have the security guards come check on us this year…we did have a few squabbles over beach toys and inside toys but nothing too major.  Amy and I even got to go lay out and visit a couple of days which was SOOOOO nice to have adult girl talk time.  Again, just like last year, our favorite thing about the trip, was putting the kids in bed and going out to the balcony to eat cookies/dessert and visit until late.  Im telling you it is just the BEST!  We LOVE going with the Hogans…they get us and all of our quirks and deal with our children being…children.  Really, just typing this makes me wish it was next year and we were on the trip again.

Our traveling was wonderful.  We stopped quickly for gas once and lunch and that’s it.  WONDERFUL!

As soon as we got there, the men unloaded the cars while we wrangled the kids…you can tell we were doing a great job since they were immediately into cabinets.  HA!  

IMG_1437The men and Trigger left to get groceries while amy and I tried to get the pack and plays put up and monitors set up…sound machines…night lights…etc. etc. etc.IMG_1440Nolan and Hallie LOVE Matt…and matt loves them…and no, he isn’t hurting them…he is tickling them and they were laughing!!IMG_1443We laughed because Matt was kind of our rule setter.  He did a great job of trying to keep us from having complete meltdowns OR alarms go off in the elevator like last year…below is the boys with their “hands by their side while riding the elevator”IMG_1446Day one of the beach.IMG_3641IMG_1495IMG_1496IMG_1497We went to Cobalt to eat one night..LOVE it.IMG_3643IMG_3661

IMG_3665IMG_3670We had the kids eating at one table while the adults were at the other table.  We cooked breakfast (of cinnamon rolls, eggs, pancakes, or other easy things).   We usually at sandwiches for lunch and went out to eat at night.  IMG_1513Gabe turned 30 while we were down there!  We had cupcakes to celebrate.  This was dessert and fun on the balcony at night.IMG_1514Another beach day…IMG_1527IMG_1529IMG_1582IMG_1587These pictures turned out funny…I think the guys had a blast creating them.  IMG_1589IMG_1591The Hogans bought our kids pottery barn beach towels so they all had matching towels.  I wish we couldve gotten a better picture but you know, not always the easiest to get five to cooperate.  IMG_1574We decided to do something different for pictures this year.  We went to a different location.  It is a place that a real photographer took us when we had professional pics made a few years back.  It had some great things…like there was no one around and no condos or chairs in the back ground.  However, we had sand and water covering us and had to get back in our vehicles.  We did get some pretty good pictures.  Besides the sand in my car, it was a successful trip in that we got a few good shots…and the kids had FUN.  We just kind of let them play instead of making them pose the entire time.  I didn’t get any of my three like I wouldve liked but OH WELL. 

I have recently taught myself how to curl my hair…I know that sounds stupid because how hard can it be, right?  Anyway, I like to curl my hair to give it a little volume.  I can’t do it every day because it takes too long.  Anyway, I asked amy if she wanted me to curl her hair…look how cute it turned out…BTW, she has the exact same texture as my hair. FINE!  I sent this picture to my dad and he said, “yall look like sisters”.  I guess I am the WAY older sister, right, amy?  IMG_3678We both took some shots of each others family….I think I might have taken a 1000 of the hogans because I am not checked out on amys camera.  Oops!  Oh and we got some back end shots of us walking away.  OH MY WORD…make me want to VOMIT!  White pants and back end shots are never a good combo…unless you are a size 2 or maybe 4 but obviously I am NEITHER of those.  IMG_3687IMG_3690

We literally took a few shots and within minutes my boys were soaking wet up to their arm pits.  SUCH typical boys!IMG_3825IMG_3826IMG_3827IMG_3830IMG_3831IMG_3832

The woodard/hogan crew!IMG_3838Larkin---she is ALWAYS into something!IMG_1617I had the girls with me when I was trying to get ready one night…the girls loved playing in my make up.  IMG_1623IMG_1627IMG_1597IMG_3852

We tried to go to the zoo one evening.  We had the kids all hyped up about it.  Got there at 430 and guess what?  They close at 4.  Why didn’t we think of that?  The kids were beyond sad…like I think I had tears from one of mine.  So, we took them to the Track.  This is the first time that we have taken ours.  DEFINITELY worth it.  They had a blast!IMG_3857IMG_3867IMG_3870IMG_3874IMG_3875IMG_3890IMG_1633IMG_3895IMG_3897IMG_3898IMG_3908IMG_3917Gabe took Campbell one time…I sat out with the girls and Amy had Nolan.  So fun.  IMG_3919IMG_1635IMG_3928

The next morning, we took the kids to the zoo as soon as they opened and then went to the beach afterwards (which is why boys have on swimsuits).IMG_3931IMG_3937IMG_3939Campbell was cackling laughing at the animals eating out of his hands.  IMG_3943IMG_3953IMG_3956IMG_3969Campbell wanted a stuffed kangaroo.  He kept calling it his “candy-roo” .  IMG_1636The boys slept together this year. They did pretty good.  Campbell did get in trouble a few nights and had to go visit the suburban.  Poor little guy.IMG_1647IMG_1650IMG_1662IMG_1702As I said, it wasn’t an EASY trip…we still had lots of crying.  BUT, way better than last year!!!!IMG_1706Love miss hallie!!!IMG_1708IMG_3979The last night, we chose to stay in and feed the pkids whatever we had left in the fridge.  They watched a movie and ate their supper on the floor.  They loved it.  The guys picked up supper after kids were in bed.  It was a very relaxed end to our trip.  IMG_3980

The kids learned quickly of the picture ritual as we were leaving the condo.  Campbell was really into this photo session.  This was our last picture before we left.IMG_1718IMG_1722And this is how we all felt when we got home.  HA!IMG_1723

Another great beach trip…I can’t wait to go back with the Hogans next year!!!!!

1 comment:

Amy Hogan said...

Fun fun fun times!! Love making memories with your sweet family :)