Monday, July 29, 2013

Campbell turns THREE

Campbell turned three on June 3, 2013.  I still can’t believe it.  Campbell is my baby boy so I don’t always treat him like the big boy that he is.  Well, I say that but I believe in some ways that we expect more from him than most parents do of their three year olds…because he and trigger are usually a package deal so most of the time they have the same rule/expectations.  My poor little campbell he is so helpless.  I love him so much but he says “I caaaaaint (can’t)” a million times a day.  HELPLESS! 

I had to take a few pictures of Campbell on his last night as a two year old.  IMG_1946IMG_1954Campbell woke up to balloons in his room.  IMG_1961We had cinnamon rolls.  Campbells had candles and we sang happy birthday to him.  Look at that sheepish grin.  He was a little embarrassed by the attention…it was just the five of us but he still gets embarrassed.IMG_4108IMG_4110We let Campbell open a present that morning and the rest he opened that night.IMG_4112IMG_4117We had spaghetti for supper because that is Campbell’s absolute favorite!  Then, he got to have a Cars cake.  I sort of talked him into having a beach ball/splash party.  I felt kind of guilty so I got him a cars cake for us to have.IMG_4120He was a little excited.  IMG_4124Afterwards, and this came in VERY last minute, the boys got to open their JOINT big present.  IMG_4127A blow up slide.  The were thrilled and ready to go outside!IMG_4130IMG_4136IMG_4143Do you think they liked it?IMG_4151IMG_4153

I think Campbell’s birthday was fun.  I can’t believe he is three. 

Here’s a few little tidbits about Campbell at three that I want to remember.

  • He is THE sweetest child one minute and the grumpiest child the next.  He can be like an ornery old man at times.  ha!
  • Campbell still plays with his hair and sucks on  his fingers…I think we will need to start nipping this little habit soon.  BUT, as of right now, it helps him get to sleep quickly and I am thankful for that. 
  • He loves Trigger.  Trigger can irritate the daylights of of Campbell but he ALWAYS wants to play with Trigger.  I LOVE seeing their little relationship and bond grow!
  • He weighs 34lbs and is 37inches tall.  I don’t think he will be the tallest boy in his class….definitely takes after my side of the family.  He just has a lot more petite frame than Trigger had. 
  • He finally, after LOTS of persistence, is a pretty good eater.  Let’s just say that that wasn’t an easy journey. 
  • Campbell LOVES outside, tractors, trucks, woody, and lightning mcqueen.
  • He sleeps with a bed full of animals and his two “B”s but doesn’t really hold any of them.  They just kind of surround him.
  • Campbell is a great sleeper but he is wild.  He has a full size bed and he makes laps around it and occasionally sleeps completely under pillows/sheets.  Campbell sleeps from around 8pm (which will have to be earlier in about a month) until whenever I go get him out of bed…which is usually 8am.
  • He doesn’t take naps every day.  He could if I had the energy to put him down.  Campbell usually fights when it’s time to go down for nap. 
  • He speaks very clearly and pretty much has from the moment he decided to start talking (which was later than what the text book says).  Total opposite of Trigger.  He still says a few things wrong and I can’t correct him now.  He “yars” for “yours” and “ours”.  LOVE IT!  I can’t describe how he says trigger’s name but it is so cute! 

I’m sure there are a million things more to say…I KNOW there are a million more things! He is such a sweet  child.  I’m sad because he is my first baby…I thought for sure that he would be my baby forever so he sort of always will be my baby.  I just have two babies.  My baby boy and my baby girl. 

No comments: