Thursday, July 18, 2013

Swimming Lessons 2013

We had a good week at swimming lessons.  We love mrs. Colvin and mrs. Pam.  I have known both of these ladies for a long, long, long time.  Mrs. Colvin was my P.E. teacher every single day (minus summer) for kindergarten through most of high school.  She has taught me to dance in a trash bag to “I heard it through the grapevine” to teaching me to square dance…to leading us in taebo.  Her daughter, Beth, was a year below me and, though we weren’t best friends,  we did many things together over the years.  I haven’t known Mrs. Pam as closely but her girls were above and below me in school.  Anyway, it’s so fun to have people who taught me, teach my children.  Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking about me as a parent…since they knew me as a child. 

Trigger did OK.  He is definitely my very cautious child.  PLUS, with his sensory issues….he can’t handle water getting in his ears…because of sensory, he has very heightened senses.  for us to get water in our ears, it is annoying and we shake our head and try to get it out.  With trigger, he screams and yells as if someone has just pounded a hammer on his finger.  We try to keep plugs in but hes just so terrified that he MIGHT get water in his ears that it keeps him from focusing on the actual lesson…not to mention that I have put the fear of God in him where water is concerned. 

Campbell did pretty good during his lessons.  He isn’t afraid…he’s just lazy.  If he was tired,  he would just lay there and let Mrs. Pam carry him around in the water…she would tell him to kick…and he would respond with “eye (a drawn out I) caaaaaaaaaan’t”  So very pitiful.  IMG_4251IMG_4253IMG_4254Poor little sister got to hang around…most days we left and drove around.  The boys do better if I am out of the picture…plus, it keeps me from getting so frustrated with them over saying “eye caaaaaaaaaan’t”.IMG_4256IMG_4263IMG_4269

I did have fun letting them wear their matching swimsuits everyday.  I had way more than I realized. It was of those things where I bought several last year on sale and then forgot that I had done that and bought a couple of more this year and then rediscovered the ones I had bought last year…ummmm.. yeah.  so there were more than they needed.  IMG_1990Campbell jumping off the side.IMG_2011IMG_2012IMG_2020Trigger jumping off the side.IMG_2018

IMG_2062

Next year, all three will take and Trigger will take for two weeks…talk about EXPENSIVE!  ugh!  But so worth it.  It’s my fault that Trigger isn’t more comfortable with water.  Ive spent most of his life either pregnant and on limited activity OR had a newborn.  And, now that I have three little ones, I just can’t take all three by myself.  It seriously isn’t safe at this point.  I can’t keep my eyes on all three at once…and certainly don’t have three hands to rescue all three or to hold all three. SO, we have to wait until matt can go.  I hate it for Trigger…and campbell because if I had just two children, I could do it.  Definitely one of those things that changes from 2 children to 3 children. 

anyway, swimming lessons were good.  they are over.  check that off the list!

No comments: