Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Campbell’s Party

Like I said in an earlier post, I sort of talked Campbell into having a beach ball/splash party theme.  I’m really bad about doing that.  Matt makes helicopter noises all the time and tells me that I am the fun monitor…that I have to monitor how much fun is being had and make sure it is given out in certain doses.  I sure love him and his honesty!  HA! I will admit that I am SORT OF…just slightly…a control freak.  Don’t we all tend to want control?!?  Just say YES!  Anyway, we had a beach ball theme.  I think the pictures can really speak for themselves…oh except that let me say that this was Campbell’s first party to have other people  besides relatives. 

Larkin and Aunt DeannaIMG_4282IMG_4290Larkin and HallieIMG_4299Lots of friendsIMG_4306IMG_4308Look at Ella-Cate sliding.  Precious girl!IMG_4319We had some green sand with some sea shells buried but im not sure anyone really even touched it.  IMG_4325Mallory and Thomas.IMG_4327Cousin Anna Grace and Trigger…they are getting so big!IMG_4331More peopleIMG_4333IMG_4335I went the easy route and did PBJ sandwiches, watermelon, goldfish, and pretzels.  SUPER EASY!IMG_4336IMG_4337Mrs. Nancy made Campbell’s cake this year….I finally caved…matt has been begging me for years to let someone else make the cake.  Well, I did it!  And I have to say…it was nice giving up that little bit of control.  IMG_4343IMG_4345Being shy while everyone sang to him.IMG_4350IMG_4352Tucker and RhettIMG_4354IMG_4358Thomas enjoyed his ice cream!IMG_4364IMG_4379IMG_4382I was quite impressed.  I thought Campbell would have a hard time saying thank you..become all shy…and then start having meltdown fits.  However, he surprised me and told almost everyone thank you.  They might not have heard over the roar of the huge fan we had under the patio but he said it!IMG_4419This was the sign leading to the back.  IMG_4424

Seriously, I think I am getting better with each party.  I LOVE parties but I am trying to gain a little perspective and realize that they don’t have to be a party that martha stewart would throw.  I would love to throw those kind of parties.  BUT, mean mommy comes out when I have to get all of that done.  This still required some work but NOTHING like what I usually think I can accomplish!  And the great thing is that the kids didn’t know…the have fun no matter how much or little I do in the way of decorations/food/etc. 

No comments: