Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Temple Egg Hunt

Okay..I was briefly having a little pity party.  I am over it (almost) now and I am moving on.  And, of course, because of my little pity party, I haven’t blogged in a couple of days…and, SIGH, I am behind.  Our Easter weekend was the best that I can remember in a VERY long time.  Every event was laid back and relaxed and pretty much stress free.  I will start with the Temple Egg Hunt.  We go to this every year (minus last year when we were seriously ill with flu and rsv).  The kids LOVE it.  The Neals always host it and it is wonderful!  My shallow self loves holidays because I like planning my kids attire for all the events…shallow, right?  Well, I am just being honest.  Usually I stress over this and have to have the perfect outfit for each child for every event and make them semi coordinating.  However, I felt like I just didn’t do that this weekend…guess what?  they still looked cute…or I thought so.  In fact, I don’t think I bought anything for this weekend…even Easter Sunday.  My boys all dressed in matching blue/white seersucker pants/shorts and pink shirt.  We just happened to already have all of this.  T’s is from last year and still fits.  Campbell’s was triggers.  And matt, because I am sure you are all on pins and needles about his attire, has had these clothes FOREVER.  IMG_2882

The first thing we had to do was to play on the jumpy.IMG_2884

IMG_2888My friend, Kristen, and I tried to get our girls together for a picture but none of them were having anything to do with posing.  Kristen’s twins are a couple of months older than Larkin…and look how much taller they are.  Of course, this might have something to do with their gorgeous, tall momma.  IMG_2890We went on the hayride.  The camera lens that I had on only took close up pictures.  **do you see that hair on campbell…breaking my heart right now as I look at this picture…it’s been cut.**IMG_2892Uncle Gabe, Nolan, and Trigger…I LOVE nolan’s expression.IMG_2897IMG_2900And then it was time to hunt eggs.IMG_2902Campbell and Larkin were in the same hunting category so I had a hard time getting pictures of them both.  Matt showed Larkin how to find the eggs and put them in her basket…she went to town.  I was impressed.IMG_2907ohhhh…that beautiful hair….IMG_2909IMG_2915IMG_2917Then it was Trigger’s turn.  He was slightly excited.IMG_2919IMG_2923IMG_2927My loves…IMG_2935The five of us…IMG_2944The woodard/hogan boysIMG_2947The hogan/woodard (Hallie, Nolan, Campbell, Trigger, and Larkin) childrenIMG_2979My boys…You shouldve seen Campbell when we left there.  He was COVERED in chocolate.  That boy LOVES him some chocolate!IMG_2991As we were leaving, Georgia (triggers friend from school) came running up “trigga…trigga…”.  Without hesitation, Trigger leaned over and gave her the biggest hug.  I didn’t get my camera out fast enough but look at t’s face as he is pulling away from the hug.  He loves georgia.  And who wouldn’t…she is so sweet..just like her momma (that just happens to have been one of my sister’s best friends in high school…I actually used to drive Joanna to school every morning…WHAT were her parents thinking?!?)IMG_2994This might be my favorite picture of all of Easter.  LOOK at those two.  So sweet.IMG_2996

We left the egg hunt and went home…which was really sad because we usually all go eat at sundown but we had to get home for naps….because our next easter stop was that night for an egg hunt at my grandmothers.  Naps were a necessity!

No comments: