Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter at Zizzy and Poppys

On Saturday night, we went to my parents to celebrate Easter.  It had been a yucky day.  Liz kept the boys that morning so I could take Larkin and make sure she wasn’t contagious.  Her eyes had started draining and so had her ears.  We found out that she had ear infections in BOTH ears and that she was having major allergies from being outside so much on Friday.  Dr. Slusher assured us that she wasn’t contagious and that we could be around Reid and Jake.  So, Larkin started an antibiotic, ear drops, and new allergy medicine.  IMG_0493IMG_0494I left green clinic and went to my parents.  My kids opened their easter gifts from my parents.  it was tad smaller than Christmas but definitely put the Easter bunny to shame.  The boys got bat bags (because T is starting tee ball), rain jackets, boots, flip flops, books, candy, and I am sure lots of other things but I can’t think right now.  Larkin got a new swimsuit, a new outfit, puzzle, books,  flip flops, and something else but, again, I can’t think.  IMG_0499Let’s just say that they are SPOILED rotten.  We hung out at my parents…cooked some goodies for supper.  IMG_0501We ate some lunch.  Then, I loaded the kids up to go home for a nap.  We got up from naps and headed back to my parents.  We didn’t even dress up.  It had been a rainy, rainy day so we just stayed in our comfy clothes.  We hunted eggs and ate pizza AND, are you ready for this, WE VISITED…I don’t know the last time I have gotten together with my family and been able to visit.  It seems like it is always so busy and chaotic that we don’t have time.  But, we sat around, ate pizza, and talked…and watched the kids play.  I’m telling you, it was PERFECT!!!!!

IMG_0504IMG_0509IMG_3119oh…and Liz hid eggs for the kids.  AND, she had baskets.  We didn’t really have to take our baskets anywhere because Liz and mamaw have baskets at their houses for them!IMG_3121Campbell was so funny because as soon as we walked outside he saw Lance’s truck and boat/trailer and said “I want THAT truck and trailer for Christmas”…he said it just like he was asking for a spiderman figurine…NO clue what he’s asking for.  HAAA!IMG_3128IMG_3130IMG_3134Trigger snuck some chocolate..SHOCKER!IMG_3135IMG_3139IMG_3140Campbell talked Uncle Lance into taking him outside to see his boat.IMG_3144IMG_3149We also dyed eggs.IMG_3158I kept laughing because there were twice as many adults…it took that many to man the three that were dying eggs.IMG_3163the wisk is THE best idea EVER…thank you, pinterest!IMG_3168IMG_3170IMG_3178IMG_3179Larkin dyed her first egg.  All was great when she had control….then I tried to prevent her from flinging the wisk up in the air and spraying zizzy and poppys ceiling with the dye.  IMG_3181Yeah…that didn’t go over so well.  SOrry, baby girl!IMG_3186IMG_3187IMG_3189When it was time to go, we loaded everyone up…in the rain.  I went to get in the car and there was a pink box in my seat.  It was wedding cake cupcakes from social bites….my absolute favorite!  I had commented on social bites pic on fb that I sure wish I had some.  My sweet, thoughtful daddy saw that I had commented and ran downtown to get me some and surprise me.  Wasn’t that the sweetest thing ever!?!?!  And they were sooooo GOOD!IMG_0507

No comments: