Friday, July 24, 2009

HOLA!

I couldn't think of a good title so "HOLA" is it! Sorry...not feeling creative AT ALL! I cooked for a majority of the day and I'm TIRED. My longtime friend had a baby a couple of weeks ago and I took her (Emery) and her husband (Eric) some supper. Baby Hudson is just precious! And, tomorrow evening, my in-laws are coming over to celebrate MIL and SIL's birthdays! So....I went ahead and cooked everything today so the flavors can mix! Hopefully it will all taste good. We are having crawfish pasta, salad, garlic bread, and cake or strawberry pie for dessert.

Here's a picture of our kitchen after all the cooking...I did clean it all up myself...Matt usually helps, but I didn't want him messing with all the crawfish stuff...he's allergic!
Anyway, Trigger and I have such a good time together lately...we haven't done anything special...just living life! and I LOVE staying home with Trigger. I will definitely need lots of prayers in a few weeks when I have to go back to school and leave him! We've both gotten a little attached! Here are some pictures from today. Trigger was in such a good mood after his afternoon nap...I was busy cooking so I put him in his highchair to give himself is bottle (really it's a sippy cup now) and he had a little snack of cheerios!


The picture below is of Trigger sneezing...funny! I can't believe I caught it on camera!




And, here are a few of our CHEAP entertainment. Trigger LOVES to carry things around in his mouth. And, he always climbs on the dishwasher while I'm trying to do the dishes so I try to give him something to play with. Tonight, it was a big red spatula. He loved it and carried it all over the kitchen.


On Tuesday, Matt came home early to work on a few things around the house that needed to be fixed...like our dryer quit working and matt fixed it (YAY), some dripping thing that has to do with the air conditioner...don't really know much about that because it doesn't effect me like the dryer :). While Matt was outside working on the dripping, Trigger sat by the back door and watched (and ate his snack). It was so precious how he just watched everything his daddy was doing!!! NOTE: Matt doesn't usually wear boots with shorts...please ignore his attire!!! haha!
One last thing...and I know this is going to sound really anal but it BOTHERS me that when I upload pictures to this site, it puts all the pictures in the wrong order..so after I upload, I have to go look up the picture numbers and rearrange them and put them in the correct spot! It just irritates me.
Ok...back in my happy place~! I hope you have a good weekend. Ours will be fun and VERY busy. We have the fam coming over tomorrow so I'll finish getting ready for that. THEN, we are leaving to go to the beach again. AND, I haven't packed a single thing! Hahahahaha..all you can do is laugh! and I mean laugh at the whole situation...packing, the fact that we are going to the beach AGAIN with a baby (a baby that HATES the sand), traveling 7+ hours with a baby, etc. etc. hahahahahahaha...
Back in my happy place again....pray for us that we can all survive the week (all 13 of the Hood clan).
OH...one more thing...Trigger will turn ONE while we are at the beach...keep checking back because I have some picture ideas in mind!!!! I might need to clear off my camera card!
Just one more thing...i know..this is getting a little ridiculous. I have had several friends ask pumping advice lately. If you EVER need any advice about pumping, I feel certain I can give you some tips that worked for me...I have no clue about breastfeeding so I can't help you there. It's kind of aggrevating because there are a million books on breastfeeding but none on pumping (maybe I should write one....hahaha..that really made me chuckle out loud...i guess that would be "col"). and there are sooo many women that can't successfully breastfeed but want their baby to have breastmilk....well I am here to tell you that despite what some articles will tell you, you can pump enough milk to feed your baby (and TWICE what your baby needs)....so don't hesitate to ask me pumping questions...I pumped for 10 months...surely I can help some women out!!!
Seriously...I'm done!

No comments: