Monday, July 20, 2009

Birthday Sneak Peek

It's been a busy, but fun, weekend! Chasten got married this weekend so I haven't had time to post about Kelly's birthday post. Sooo...better late than never!
I haven't actually thrown a child's birthday party yet. Trigger's 1st birthday is July 29th and we are having his party on August 8th because we will be at the beach on his actual birthday. I wanted to participate in the post so I thought I would give just a sneak peek of what is to come in a couple of weeks.
Here are a few photos of things I am working on:








BTW, the theme is cupcakes with the colors lime green and blue!

Okay...and for those of you that are my FB friends...remember my post about loosing the mom/wife of the year award. Well...a series of things kept happening while I was around...of course none of them were my fault ;) Like I have NO idea who put a can of spray paint on the kitchen table and left it there for a week. However, WHY would a spray paint can leak out the bottom of the can???? so, of course, that wasn't my fault! right? Here is a picture of the the paint before I cleaned it up. This table is pretty much brand new. We have had it for 2.5 years but NEVER use it until recently. Some of the finish did come off but I guess that just adds a little character...or at least that's what I am telling myself. Not that I am feeling guilty or anything because REMEMBER, it wasn't my fault! Haha!

Like I said before, Chasten's wedding was this weekend. Chasten and I have known each other since high school. We both graduated together at Cedar Creek and now we are both teaching Pre-K at Cedar Creek...it's so weird how things work out. We have such a good time together. Anyway, I was a bridesmaid...it was really a fun weekend. I hate that Matt didn't get to come to the rehearsal dinner or the wedding but I had a good time with friends. Matt spent the entire weekend taking care of Trigger. I think he might have whipped that little boy into shape..haha! Matt was so great. I wanted Trigger to have a picture made with Chasten since that's his future Pre-K teacher. Matt got Trigger dressed in his white linen outfit and drove him over to Arcadia to have his picture made with the beautiful bride. I don't have a picture of them but the photographer took one so I will order it when they are up on the internet. Matt did take a picture of me and Trigger.

Matt also took a few pictures of Trigger playing. I love what he has on...you can so tell that his Daddy dressed him. I usually have him in a jon-jon with sandals. haha. I really do think he looks precious...I love his ralph lauren jeans and his New balance shoes. When he's dressed like this he looks so much like a BOY and not a baby. I can't believe he's about to be ONE! Oh my, oh my, how time flies!!!!!



Ok...so I'm off to finish my Hallmark movie while Trigger naps...pretty pathetic, huh? Well, I'm relaxing today. Nothing planned but RELAXING....School will be here before we know it and I've got to get all my relaxing in now because starting tomorrow, I've got to finish Trigger's party stuff, then we leave for the beach, Trigger's party on the 8th and then school on the 12th...YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!
but we're not thinking about how all of my school stuff from my room is out in the hallway and it all has to be put back in in an orderly fashion...NOPE, not thinking about it today! Back to relaxing....ahhhhhhhh!!!!

No comments: