Tuesday, October 23, 2012

SOCCER

I signed Trigger up for soccer a couple of months ago.  He has never played any organized sports so I knew it would be interesting.  Matt got outside and practiced a few times with him.  Bless his heart, Matt and I don’t really know much about soccer…in fact, I have never really been a fan of soccer.  It is good exercise and I thought it would be good for him to learn a little team work.  IMG_6754IMG_6761The first game, I almost wanted to cry.  Trigger was so overwhelmed.  He had no idea what was going on.  The whole game was just completely foreign to him.  He teared up several times and just stood there and looked around like a lost little puppy for part of the game.  The momma in me wanted to go rescue him and just give him a big hug.  But, I didn’t!  As the game went on, he started to understand some of what was going on.  IMG_6765IMG_6769IMG_6778Little brother was TICKED off completely because he couldn’t go on the field and play.  Poor little guy!  IMG_6771It’s strange because for the first game, it was BURNING up.  The second game was FREEZING!  That’s Louisiana weather for you!

Trigger has had a cheering squad for each of the games….Aunt Jennifer and Chelsea came to one of the games. IMG_6781IMG_6793I have to say that I think his absolute favorite part of soccer is….THE GATORADE!IMG_6809

IMG_6851IMG_6860And, it’s little brother’s favorite part too! Ha!IMG_6861IMG_7062IMG_7065IMG_7070IMG_7082This game it was rainy and cold…Campbell and Larkin were sick…so zizzy kept them in their car…it was parked right in front of the field so they still got to watch.  Campbell was excited because he sat in the drivers seat the entire time! IMG_7089IMG_7096

We have one more game left…it has been a great experience for Trigger.  He’s gotten some exercise and learned a lot about soccer.  Maybe he will want to play again in the spring!

No comments: