Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Going Home!

Our sweet nurse really wanted us to “room-in” the night before we were released.  So Saturday around 8 PM they brought Campbell over.  The scary part was that they brought him in with all his monitors and AN OXYGEN TANK…just in case…WHAT????

Campbell 055  

Campbell 054 See…that is what sat in the corner of our room…it just freaked me out!

Campbell 056Campbell did not cooperate and kept crying and stirring.  Then, when it was time to feed him, Matt had to go across to the NICU to get my milk so that we could give him a bottle because he STILL wasn’t nursing.  TO TOP IT OFF, his leads kept falling off his chest making his alarms go off…like every couple of minutes.  NO LIE!  There was NO way that any of us were sleeping.  Around 2 AM, Matt looked at me and said, “he’s going back”.  I’m so thankful he made that decision because I couldn’t with my mommy guilt.  It was the best decision because it allowed us to get a few hours of sleep.

We were released Monday, June 7th, after a VERY long day.  I was literally dressed and ready by 9 AM and we weren’t released to go home until 5 PM.  While we were waiting all day, they let us have Campbell back in our room instead of him being in the NICU. YAY!  Here are a few pictures of our VERY, LONG DAY!

Campbell 052

Campbell 060

And, because Campbell had been in the NICU since he arrived, Trigger had not gotten to meet his little brother.  This is the first time for Trigger and Campbell to meet each other.  I will probably post too many pictures but this was such a sweet moment, that I have to post alot of pictures!

Campbell 063

Campbell 067

Campbell 068

Campbell 069

And of course Trigger had to smell of him.  Trigger smells everything.

Campbell 074

Giving sweet kisses…I was so surprised that Trigger reacted as good as he did.  No one prompted him to kiss Campbell.  Trigger just immediately crawled up and gave him kisses on Campbell’s head.

Campbell 078

Campbell 079

ALL THREE OF MY PRECIOUS BOYS…I love these three boys so much!

Campbell 081 

A few more kisses…

Campbell 082

Campbell 083

I had to take a picture with my FAVORITE DOCTOR! 

Campbell 085

OUR FIRST FAMILY (of four) PICTURE

Campbell 088

Campbell 091

Campbell in his going home outfit…

Campbell 089

No comments: