Saturday, November 3, 2012

Last Soccer Game

I have to say that my excitement for soccer kind of fizzled out somewhere after the 3rd game.  Ha!  It’s just that it was every Saturday at 11.  I kind of like Saturday being the one day that I don’t have to get up and get everyone somewhere.  I know that sounds stupid to most of you since you are hauling your kids from here to arcadia to monroe back to ruston and then back to monroe again for practices and birthday parties…but, I am not there yet and I kind of like my position of not being there.  Soccer was fun but with all of the illness that we have had in this household and the number breathing treatments that I have given since july, I NEED my saturdays!  So, we are done.  He had his last game and we won’t have anything else until after January….oh wait!  Except for Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years celebrations…and Larkins birthday…and baby dedication.  Ah…nevermind.

Okay…back to Trigger’s last soccer game.  I had another child sick and it was chilly and pretty windy so I had to stay in the car with Campbell and Larkin.  We watched the game from the warm car!  I tried to get some good pictures with my long lens but I don’t think I succeeded.  Oh let me state that we MADE OUR CHILD WEAR A HAT to keep his ears warm.  He had just gotten over a cold and ear infections…I am not sure if that is an old wives tale or not but I wasn’t risking it! 

IMG_7512Campbell…this is his sad face.  I am not sure what he is sad about…he always gets what he wants because…well, look at that face! LOVE HIM!IMG_7523Obviously, he was over the soccer game excitement too because the fingers were popped into his mouth after the first quarter!IMG_7531Miss Priss was our most sickly this day…doesn’t she look like it..NOT!IMG_7533Matt was helping coach again…this is him telling Trigger to get ready and stop playing in the grass.  DON”T YOU LOVE IT!  Again, I think he had lost the soccer excitement too…this was minute 49 of a 60 minute game. TOO LONG!  Have these people not heard of child development and attention spans.  HAHA!IMG_7537IMG_7544IMG_7549IMG_7555My Trigger man stopping a ball.  IMG_7558

All in all it was a great experience.  Trigger learned a lot about the game of soccer.  He learned about how to be a participant in a TEAM sport.   I think it was great for him.  We shall see if he wants to play again in the spring. 

No comments: