Sunday, October 18, 2009

Me, The little seamstress?

Im not even sure that's how you spell seamstress but I have been sewing away! I have been looking for a halloween/fall/pumpkin shirt for Trigger for awhile now. I couldn't find one I liked. Almost all the boy shirts have skeletons, skulls, or bats on them...I'm just not a fan of dark things for children at Halloween...I like celebrating Fall! So...I got this idea that I would make Trigger a pumpkin shirt....then I got the idea that I would make pants to match...THEN I got the idea that i would make a fall/leaf outfit...and of course some matching pants. So this last week, after I would put Trigger down, I got busy cutting and sewing.
Everything turned out great...of course the first pants that I made took a little longer than they should because I had to redo a few things...Being a teacher, you would think that I would be good at following directions...NOT SO MUCH! Anyway, the two outfits are done and it was EASY so I'm excited to go get some Christmas fabric to make some outfits. I was a little worried about washing the pants...i thought they might fall apart but I've washed the halloween ones and they held up GREAT
Here is some pictures I took of Trigger this weekend in his Halloween outfit.!






I love this face...he does this all the time.


Trigger had just seen his first airplane in the sky and was pointing up.





After the plane sighting, he kepting reaching up to the sky at any noise that he heard outside.






Okay...so Trigger is suppose to be able to identify 3 body parts and he doesn't consistently identify one. We always ask him, "Trigger, where's your nose?" Today, he pointed to his ear...yes, he's confused...i just take comfort in knowing that he probably will learn them at some point...bc I haven't had a child come to me yet in Prek and not be able to identify their nose, ears, eyes, etc. So, for some reason, after he pointed to his ear, he started pulling it and then he would laugh...it was quite funny!


Happy Fall!!!!

2 comments:

(Trigger's favorite Teacher) said...

The "face" that Trigger does all the time reminds me of some pictures that i have seen of Sydney! Your outfit turned out great! You should start an ETSY business. You could feature your business on our "friend" Kelly's blog. I know your business would take off!

jessie said...

too cute! i just told rett the other day that i wanted to learn to sew. probably won't but i think it'd be fun! do you have one of the mongramming machines or just a regular sewing machine?