Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our Little Cupcake!

The theme for Trigger's party was CUPCAKES!
Today I'm just going to upload pictures of the decorations because I don't have time to upload all the pics from the party. Thanks to my sister who did an excellent job taking pictures for me so I could enjoy the party. Thanks, Deanna!
One of the things I made was this picture banner. It had one picture from each month of his first year...WOW...he has grown so much in one year...from 4lbs 5oz to 20lbs 7oz.!!!




Next, I made a CUPCAKE "Trigger" banner and a CUPCAKE "Happy Birthday" banner.



And then my brilliant idea a day or two before the party...tags on cups for people to write names....why use a sharpie? this is ALOT cuter!!!!!! it did take forever though.


I made 2 CUPCAKE holders to match the tourquise and lime green colors. Do you see that little hand? He's always around!!! That little boy's always got to be right in the middle of what his momma's doing!


This CUPCAKE table runner was sooo easy to make and made the table look really cute!

These are the party favors: a rolling pin, playdough, and a CUPCAKE cookie cutter...so they can "make" CUPCAKES.

Last, THE CUPCAKES! I made these and they actually looked alot better at the party...this is the leftovers two days later and the fondant was starting to melt on top. And, while trying to take the pictures, Trigger kept sneaking over and getting a bite of icing! He knows what's good! :)


Ok...so i know that's pretty pathetic that I just did a post on decorations, but I'm tired. AND, my body is aching...for some stupid reason I decided to move ALL of my furniture around in my classroom...about 5 huge bookcases filled with blocks, books, and other fun stuff...and tables, chairs, desks, dramatic play furniture, etc. I'm exhausted and at the moment having a very difficult time going from spending 12 hours a day with Trigger to 2.5 hours...NOT FUN!!!!!! sooo...i'm going to take some tylenol, iron my clothes for tomorrow (maybe?!), and take a hot bath...all before ten because ive got to get some sleep!!! or i'm going to loose it..haha! SERIOUSLY!

2 comments:

StephMilton said...

Everything looks SO CUTE!! You are very talented!

Megan said...

So cute! I'm impressed! Also, Todd's sister & her husband just joined Temple - Susan & Zach Williams. I wanted you to be able to make the connection if you guys are still there.